No more Dickey bashing. Time to move on.

Green Grenade II

Today, I've resolved to state emphatically that I will always love The University of North Texas and will always bleed Mean Green. I must just lower my expectations for our football program.

So, I'll leave the coaching to Darrell Dickey and his outstanding staff, and leave the game results for someone else to yell about. Nothing is gonna change. I just have to realize that and continue to take crap from my so-called friends, as they laugh and joke about our football program. It wouldn't hurt so bad, but they either went to A&M Commerce, SMU, TCU and a couple of them are Orangebloods. They say we will loose our first two games next fall big-time.

Oh, well.

Today, I've resolved to state emphatically that I will always love The University of North Texas and will always bleed Mean Green. I must just lower my expectations for our football program.

So, I'll leave the coaching to Darrell Dickey and his outstanding staff, and leave the game results for someone else to yell about. Nothing is gonna change. I just have to realize that and continue to take crap from my so-called friends, as they laugh and joke about our football program. It wouldn't hurt so bad, but they either went to A&M Commerce, SMU, TCU and a couple of them are Orangebloods. They say we will loose our first two games next fall big-time.

Oh, well.

So are you saying I should drop my signature?

We are one of the only schools besides SMU that would accept 3 40+ point losses in 1 season. If this were going on at other schools you would have 50 for sale signs in ALL of the coaches yards, etc. Here.... we are ok with beating 7 d1 teams with winning records in 7 yrs.

Don't some of you guys have higher expectations? We are not even playing competitive this yr.

Edited by ipEAGLE

We are one of the only schools besides SMU that would accept 3 40+ point losses in 1 season.  If this were going on at other schools you would have 50 for sale signs in ALL of the coaches yards, etc.  Here.... we are ok with beating 7 d1 teams with winning records in 7 yrs.

Don't some of you guys have higher expectations?  We are not even playing competitive this yr.

NEVER accept BAD football. If fans don't demand a better product, we'll be stuck with Tulsa and La Tech fans laughing at us! mad.gif

(edited for content reference meaning)

Edited by NT80

I don't... but a lot on this board do.

Man, I am so glad that I have you to look up to when I'm being a little too optimistic! Here I was thinking that hoping for mediocrity was the way to go but then your beacon of truth shone out onto the message board like the Gospel of Paul. We should want to win more games, we should want better athletes, we should want perfection. Hallalujah ipEAGLE I think you've shown us all the way! dry.gif From now on I will expect a program with four straight conference titles, more bowl games than have been played in in the HISTORY of North Texas, a stadium that is 50 years old and less than 3,000 season ticket holders to be accountable to lofty expectations. I have been wrong for all these years. Just like when I was little and waited for the tooth fairy if I just hope hard enough then everything will be all right.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow......

a stadium that is 50 years old and less than 3,000 season ticket holders to be accountable to lofty expectations. I have been wrong for all these years.

I would normally agree with you emmitt, but even if the stadium was 100 years old and we only had 1,500 season ticket holders, why is that a valid reason to accept being mediocre?

I can't accept bad football. Not with the money and effort that the players, their families and the supporters put into it. No one likes bad football, but many of us can't do anything about it. I think the players do what they can, but I think the coaches aren't.

I don't care about excuses...not this far into the season, and not with this many returning players.

The team really pays its dues at the money games, so they deserve more than just a conf championship...they deserve a bowl win and OOC wins.

I can't accept bad football. Not with the money and effort that the players, their families and the supporters put into it. No one likes bad football, but many of us can't do anything about it. I think the players do what they can, but I think the coaches aren't.

I don't care about excuses...not this far into the season, and not with this many returning players.

The team really pays its dues at the money games, so they deserve more than just a conf championship...they deserve a bowl win and OOC wins.

That was the best part of the Texas game a few years ago - yes we lost by 4 scores, but they walked away impressed with us, completed individual players, and felt like they'd been through a war against our defense. I just want to see an effort and scheme that makes us physically hard to play against - then I'd be able to handle a similar record to this year where I know we have done all we could and our young players were improving and growing up as our coaches learned how to use them and make them win. I just do not see any of that in our games this year.

Losing this next game 27-0 would be our biggest "upset" in 2 years

A positive comment: I am positive that open up against Univ. Of Texas year and at that point they could be the defending national champions..... ie better than they were last year.

Then again maybe that is not a positive statement.