ed #80 sort of bothers me.

Ratings, by conference:

user posted image

SBC:

user posted image

and everyone in between:

user posted image

user posted image

Kinda shows just how far we have dropped as we are now back to below where we were in 1994 when we made the jump back to D-1 ---more scholarships, better facilities, and higher coaches' salaries have produced a team that would finish fourth or fifth in the Southland. mad.gif

I like that JAMES MADISON is ahead of us...thats real nice.

Frankly, there are several schools ranked ahead of us that I didn't even know they had football programs, like:

North Dakota State

South Dakota State

Hampton

Coastal Carolina

And...surely we could beat William & Mary, Brown and Princeton???

Guest Aquila_Viridis

And...surely we could beat William & Mary, Brown and Princeton???

I don't think there are any such sure things based on what I have seen. I went to a game at W&M many years ago. It was a great atmosphere.

This shows you, there's a lot of competition. To push into the big league, it requires a firm commitment at the top. We should have that.

I don't care how many degrees that guy got from MIT, Sagarin's ratings system is a joke.

I hate it when people bag on the Sags rankings, I look at that list and am pretty confident that we could lose to any of those teams ranked ahead of us. I also think we would have a shot at beating most below us. The rankings aren't perfect - but they are the closest thing to perfect in the ranking business... I love how they include IAA... for instance, IAA Western Kentucky is #1 in the nation right now - but not the top ranked IAA team in the Sags - it goes by so many factors that simply the best record isn't the main focus. We deserve our crappy ass rating... we will be back into the 70's again by by next year - but for now we deserve our rank.