The Wise Man Built His House Upon A Rock!

PlummMeanGreen

The 2'nd half of the La Tech game showed some promise to those who see promise or something that this team can build on for the balance of this season going into next Fall. Sure we got slobber-knocked last Saturday, may even do so this Saturday but so what, the underclassmen of this Mean Green football team will do some slobber-knockin' of their own in due time and we all know that.

Isn't it the valleys in all our lives that make those mountain top experiences extra special?

We have many positives going for us at NORTH TEXAS and some of you who are way down on all this right now know that in your heart of hearts.

All in the NT constituency have to take these lemons and truly turn them into lemonaide and I think we will at the University of North Texas.

OK, enough of the Zig Ziglar stuff! biggrin.gif

Look for future announcements on more exciting things to come in Mean Green Country that will take all the present "stinkin' thinkin' " out of all of our well meaning fans and alums. It is encouraging that we have so many who care about all this whether their posts are positive or not so positive. We need to all be concerned when the not-so-positive posts cease to exists. On the other side of that coin, we also need to al be ever concerned about saying things that are totally uncalled for, of a destructive nature and counter-productive for the cause--our coach's cause--our team's cause, hellsbells, FOR ALL OF OUR CAUSES as bonafide enthusiast for the University of North Texas and its football program.

This too will pass? Hmmm? PASS? blink.gif

laugh.gif

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I agree with what you are saying to a point, as many on here probably do. However, that being said, it is kind of like school. You go to kindergarden, graduate and go into the first grade. Once that is over, into second and then into third. But then, at third grade something happens, and you just never can make it into the next grade. All of those supporting and encouraging you want you to, but you just can't.

That is how many of us are. Sure we have done a lot in the last 4 years, and have steadily been moving forward, but it appears as if after 5 or 6 years, however long Dickey has been here, we just can't seem to win many of the games we should be winning. I think Dickey is a nice guy, but you can't disregard the facts that he has something against the fans, can't control his team, and can't win outside of our pitiful conference, which at this point doesn't even have a team with a winning record.

Well, Bill, in that case, why not just leave out the lemonade?!?!? smile.gif

GMG!

Well, one should at least have the "appearance" that you're not "drinking to forget"........ rolleyes.gif

Of course, if I was really trying to "drink to forget", I could drag out my old college recipe called "Green Goddammits" with a name revision to "Mean Green Goddammits" for our current situation.

2 liters of 7-up (or Sprite)

1 12oz (or 16oz) bottle of reconstituted lemon juice

1 12oz (or 16oz) bottle of reconstituted lime juice

1 quart of Everclear.

I believe that this would go a long way to relieve our collective anxiety about how the team is being coached, and/or how the team is playing. wink.gif

Of course, it could also go a long way toward relieving us of many of our brain cells..... blink.gif