A Message from the UNT System Chancellor

Cerebus

Does anyone really believe that this guy is going to pay any attention to the survey?  This is the guy who ran off the current President.  The survey is a public relations gimmick.  Remember how we were treated during the logo madness.

Exactly, drex...

This is probably just a "conscious clearing" act so they can say: "We polled a big cross-section of our alums." sad.gif They will (undoubtedly) make this poll work in a way that will serve all their personal agendas.

BUT...........I took the survey anyway. They got my usual manifesto and (basically) I told them that few us us would have kept an on-campus relationship with NT if not for Mean Green football, basketball, track & field, etc, etc, etc, I told them that a new president needs to keep that in consideration, especially since the largest gatherings of NT Exes is always at a Mean Green football game. Told them a first class football stadium would probably be a win-win for all concerned.

I also wrote in this poll that in this very mobile society we live that they probably would not have this alum's mail address if not for NT Athletics getting it because most years I've been a donor to the MG Club they had to have my mail address to send me the monthly statements and Mean Green updates. smile.gif With all that, I told them we needed a president who understands the place of a progressive college football program at the 4'th largest university in the state of Texas. I also suggested that today's NT Exes would except nothing less than a first class athletic program coupled with first class venues that all our students and alums could be proud. I suggested that a new NT president needs to be aware of all that and more.

Seem funny to any of you that over at the main campus at NT they have all yours and my email addresses? If you are like me, the only way they could have gotten that is gotten it from GoMeanGreen.com because that is the only place I've ever posted my email address; yet somehow the main campus folks now have my email address (which is fine with me) but they wouldn't even have my physical addresss if not for the tie I maintaned with our alma mater's campus thru NORTH TEXAS Athletics.

GMG!