UNT-FIU- UNT 1-14 ON 3RD DOWNS

UNT_playmaker

UNT was 1-for-14 on third down in its 13-10 win over Florida International on Saturday, a total the Mean Green must improve, UNT coach Darrell Dickey.

The Mean Green is converting 23.3 percent of its third downs, a total that ranks last in the Sun Belt Conference.

MEAGER IS BAD AND WILL NOT GET BETTER, our offense is suffering from him, as well as patrick cobbbs and jamario thomas.

Our offensive line isn't exactly helping him out. How do you know that Phillips would be better? Phillips needs to get in at some point but I don't think that Meager is THE PROBLEM.

Edited by radiogreen

He will not get better?!? How the heck do you know that??!? How could you have ANY idea of that??

We can't run the ball. Period. We're totally ineffective at it. JT is literally a different person wearing the same #20, and Cobbs isn't getting the kind of space he needs to be at his full productivity. How many drops has Meager had? Drops that would have resulted in nice gains? Sure, he's made bad throws, and some mistakes. But how could you say you KNOW he won't get ANY better?

It's ludicrous, but par for the course with your posts, I'm afraid.

And DM doesn't make the call to handoff 4 yards deep on a 3rd or 4th and inches, either.

Danny will be a fantastic QB for us in the future. He's showing signs of maturity. His game against MTSU was fantastic for his first game ever. He didn't lose the game for us, but went out and directed a win. Same thing against FIU. What concerns me most is the O line in the future. We lose our two best O linemen after this season if Lineberry doesn't graduate on time in the Spring. If we get them replaced then who knows how good this team will be in a year? But considering how long it's taken 4 veterans and a redshirt freshman to "gel" this season, what happens when we have to insert two more new guys next season?

Rick

And DM doesn't make the call to handoff 4 yards deep on a 3rd or 4th and inches, either.

Danny will be a fantastic QB for us in the future.  He's showing signs of maturity.  His game against MTSU was fantastic for his first game ever.  He didn't lose the game for us, but went out and directed a win.  Same thing against FIU.  What concerns me most is the O line in the future.    We lose our two best O linemen after this season if Lineberry doesn't graduate on time in the Spring.  If we get them replaced then who knows how good this team will be in a year?  But considering how long it's taken 4 veterans and a redshirt freshman to "gel" this season, what happens when we have to insert two more new guys next season?

Rick

JUCO'S HERE WE COME (AGAIN)? blink.gif

"MEAGER IS BAD AND WILL NOT GET BETTER, our offense is suffering from him, as well as patrick cobbbs and jamario thomas."

That damn Meager he also caused JT to fumble at FIU, and its his fault our O-Line is getting blown off the line, its his fault that he has several dropped passes a game, its his fault a 3rd hurricane is about to hit the US, its his fault its over 90 degrees in October, gas prices--MEAGER, TXU's price hike---MEAGER, my brakes went out last week---dangit Daniel...and on and on it goes...

"He will never get better"...O crystal ball if you can see the future, I could use at the Sports Book this weekend.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I think this is the second time he went 10 of 15 and then everyone is like 'ONLY 10 of 15'. I'm not so happy with the 15 part, but that is not his call, but on the other hand, and I've said it before, I don't feel bad at all about 66%. Now he has shown some just wierd stuff into the ground, etc., but I've also seen some bad drops by receivers. Bottom line, there is lots of room for improvement at just about every position, with the exception of the punting and kicking. Thus, I don't agree with the start of the thread, and I think it was in poor judgement.

47.8 measured under the NFL system

82.6 in the NCAA system - Still Last in the Sun Belt sad.gif

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...yQB_RATING.html

1. Nick Noce  Arkansas State 144.4

2. Danny Embick  Florida Atlantic 127.4

3. Josh Padrick  Florida International 119.6

4. Clint Marks  Middle Tennessee 114.9

5. Steven Jyles  Louisiana-Monroe 103.4

6. Carl Meadows  Troy 88.7

7. Daniel Meager  North Texas 82.6

uh yeah, we dont have a qb problem at UNT mad.gif