No depth at QB

El Paso Eagle

Everyone has heard the saying we lean from our mistakes. Anyone that has one ounce of objectivity would have to admit that DD has not done a good job at preparing back-ups, especially at the QB position. So with all of DD’s talk of how young we are can anyone PLEASE explain to me why we are not getting Philips or someone into the games? And please do not give me “the games have been too close” or “we have to believe DD has a strategy”. The sad thing is that if something should happen to Meager, Dickey would come out and say “well you know X (whatever team we were playing) is a really good and experienced team with a lot of talent and we were so young to start with it only made things more difficult when we had to go with Philips at the QB position. You know we’ve been meaning to get him more reps but the time has not been right”. Well I guess it’s a lot easier to make lame excuses when you feel no pressure for your job and all but laugh out loud when the reference is made that you should care about what the alumni and fans think.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

The top 3 QBs on the depth chart are freshman or redshirt freshman.

Andrew Smith's death and Byerly's stupidity have hit this team harder than expected. I had a coed tell me before the Troy game Meagar is stuck on himself. He is the starting QB at a Div. 1A school and is overly impressed with himself. Phillips and Haynes are not talented enough to play QB at the D1A level. We will be breaking in a new QB next season, the freshman from Missouri or a JuCo QB.

We will be breaking in a new QB next season, the freshman from Missouri or a JuCo QB.

After what we saw in spring practice they should have signed a JUCO QB then but DD said he was happy with who he had...Byerly...until the grades came in. Maybe he thought RF could put magic "experience dust" on the freshman or something. It hasn't worked out and they should have signed at least one JUCO. Also, not playing Phillips is typical. DD wouldn't play Byerly in games last year that we had large leads, then all he plays is Byerly with the first string in spring when he has grade issues. Sad, but DD did it to himself, and us! mad.gif

I was watching a FB game on TV Saturday....can't remember the teams but they were BCS...One team has lost their 1st and 2nd team QB's to broken legs and were playing their 3rd string QB, whom I believe was a Freshman......he really connected on some beautiful passes and played 1, 000 times better than NT is doing.

dry.gif

I was watching a FB game on TV Saturday....can't remember the teams but they were BCS...One team has lost their 1st and 2nd team QB's to broken legs and were playing their 3rd string QB, whom I believe was a Freshman......he really connected on some beautiful passes and played 1, 000 times better than NT is doing.

dry.gif

Suprise, suprise that a BCS team could have several good QBs. cool.gif

While college and professional athletes can be stuck up and full of themselves, the game can humble anyone really quick. The spotlight can be too bright sometimes.

As hard as it has been on Meager, I can’t really imagine him boasting that much. If he is, something is wrong with him.

As hard as it has been on Meager, I can’t really imagine him boasting that much.

Yeah... exactly. I could barely get Daniel to say a dozen words on any kind of interview. He is notoriously quiet and almost shy. Referring to Meager as a boaster would as wrong as referring to T.J. Covington as "meek."

Edited by illuvius32