WAHOOOOOWAAAAA!

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Guest Aquila_Viridis

However, my second favorite team was not quite as fortunate as yours.  My South Dakota School of Mines and Technology Hardrockers fell to Valley City State, 44-0.  mad.gif

Sorry to hear about that. I am just so flipped out that UVA pulled out that win I'm babbling.

Well I don't know how much glory we can take out of this NT win. It seems like if our team executed well at all, we should have been able to beat them by 4 or 5 touchdowns. This NT team is not executing well. Certainly nothing like that time they kicked the dog out of Baylor. Seems like a real lack of focus and intensity. We can't put all of that on the coaches. Of course, it is the coaches that largely determine who's out there for us by the recruiting etc. Bottom line is, we need several players to get a lot better, or we need several new players.

See, I expect to have NT teams that could pull off an upset like in Charlottesville tonight. If that sounds unrealistic, consider that UVA lost to Fresno at the end of last year. I would expect for NT to be able to go out and compete against Fresno. Of course that is not the situation; I think Fresno would kill NT right now. But I expect for us to be at that level and I don't think that's unrealistic. However, for us to get there, there need to be changes and it will take some time. We are clearly in a bad place right now. However, at least winning on the road tonight is a small step in the right direction to achieving at least the same level of success as last year on the season. (We'll need to reach and win the bowl for that now though.)

By the way, have I mentioned that I hate Northeast? Yes, I have, but they did us a favor today and now we have to beat them.