ASU gave up 457 yard rushing to ULL !

MeanGreen61

Wow ULL folded like an accordian in the 4th Q giving up 25 pts and losing by 3

An all too familiar scene for us. Young team that just hasn't learned how to close out games and get the win. Couple of dumb errors and a turnover and they start pressing. We seem to have the talent, especially on offense; but can't seem to stop anyone down the stretch. But give ASU some credit too; they have a very good offense as well.

An all too familiar scene for us.  Young team that just hasn't learned how to close out games and get the win.  Couple of dumb errors and a turnover and they start pressing.  We seem to have the talent, especially on offense; but can't seem to stop anyone down the stretch.  But give ASU some credit too; they have a very good offense as well.

That song sounds eerily familar here ph34r.gif

Did LALA gag in the 4th quarter giving up 25 points?

Yes, I think we did. With the way we've been finishing games lately (or not finishing!), I think the guys are "hoping" to hang on for a win vs. having the confidence to just do it. Some of its youth, but mostly its a confidence factor.

Yes, I think we did.  With the way we've been finishing games lately (or not finishing!), I think the guys are "hoping" to hang on for a win vs. having the confidence to just do it.  Some of its youth, but mostly its a confidence factor.

How are fans reacting toward Coach Bustle? Is he on the hot seat this season?

Wow ULL folded like an accordian in the 4th Q giving up 25 pts and losing by 3

Last year ULL went into the 4th against ASU leading 24-0 and won 27-24. If the Sun Belt had instant replay, ASU would have won 31-27 but for a TD pass ruled to have hit the ground first but replays from the sideline and end zone showed were a catch.

They love the fourth quarter against ASU. smile.gif

How are fans reacting toward Coach Bustle?  Is he on the hot seat this season?

Not being in Lafayette, its hard for me to say. Most of my info comes from interacting with guys on-line. There is certainly a lot of folks that are saying "this is his 4th year - he was supposed to be winning this year". I'm not ready to write him off yet; but if he can't get it turned around next season its going to get real hot in South Louisiana; and I'm not talking about the weather.

Hopefully supporters will realize he's trying to rebuild a program that was really down 4 years ago. We've got some good young talent at the skill positions; but seem to lack the "big boys" we need, especially on defense. Next year he gets the indoor practice facility and the money coming in has been decent, so patience will wear thin.

As for 4th quarters, I made the comment last night during the game that maybe we could convince teams to just play 3 quarters against us. Several of the guys responded that we'd just take the 3rd qtr off vs the 4th. Just frustrating right now, and lots of folks are already looking forward to basketball season.

WOW. Arkansas State gave up 457 yards rushing on 66 carries tonite in their game with UL-Lafayette. Attendance wasn't so hot at 12,944 with ASU having a couple of other wins at home.

Box score

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore?gid=200510130037

Lost the turnover battle 0-3

Missed 2 extra points

Mind numbing, stupid penalties in the fourth quarter

A tipped pass for an int. off an oddly called halfback pass in the red zone

A tipped pass for a TD for ASU on a hail mary pass at the end of the 1st half

A defense that religiously employs the bend AND break style

That's how you lose while rushing for over 450 yards. mad.gif

I'll say this. If we ever get a clue on defense, we'll be a handful.

'Cause the SBC ain't never seen a QB that can run like Desormeaux.

Lost the turnover battle 0-3

Missed 2 extra points

Mind numbing, stupid penalties in the fourth quarter

A tipped pass for an int. off an oddly called halfback pass in the red zone

A tipped pass for a TD for ASU on a hail mary pass at the end of the 1st half

A defense that religiously employs the bend AND break style

That's how you lose while rushing for over 450 yards. mad.gif

I'll say this. If we ever get a clue on defense, we'll be a handful.

'Cause the SBC ain't never seen a QB that can run like Desormeaux.

Yep. I'm just tickled ASU was finally on the good side of one those when the stats lose on the scoreboard games.