Recruiting Update

Harry

How much does it cost kids to go to our camps?  Can we pay for kids to go?  Or would that break a bunch of rules?  What if I gave the money to my high school for them to send kids to the camps?  Would that be OK?

I don't have the cost....but gmg pays for a scholarship or a sponsorship for a prospective recruit to attend the NT summer camp. I seem to remember $350.

An individual like you or me can't pay for a ship directly to a prospective recruit, but the college can offer ships to the students.

Harry correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by OldTimer

Thanks for keeping us updated on the recruiting process. Any idea on when these kids will start taking there official visits here to NT?

Prospective students are making non official visits to our home fb games already. Official visits, can be made at any time, after the Jr. year...but most at NT occur after the FB season.

If you can identify any prospective students at NT games, please let Harry or I know who and what schools.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt that those listed weights are up to date, as the are probably from the end of their jr years or before the sr year even started.  And second players can stack on as much as 30-40 lbs in a year.

From what I'm looking at, a lot of these appear to be INFLATED vs. rivals and other recruiting resources, so I'm guessing/hoping that the recruit list is more accurate and updated, which still makes these guys undersized.

There's really only one or two linemen that I would consider acceptable in the size department. And, I realize that size isn't the be-all end-all (as we had a pretty good undersized center here). However, given the current state of our team along the lines, I would hope for some people to be able to provide more immediate help. Anyway, it's still super early.

One thing that I seem to notice, which may or may not be a trend, is that many of the guys who HAVE that size in high school do not have that well developed skillsets. They get by on raw talent and natural ability. The smaller guys tend to have better technique, because they have to, but they're not gonna be ready to play right away at the next level, because they'll be overmatched physically.

So you have to pick your poison. Do you want the guy with good technique but undersized, or the huge guy with poor technique (knowing, of course, that the big boy schools go for size first, as they'll have their time to develop the technique).

Okay, that was a bit of a ramble, but, basically, our options on the lines are pretty rough.