Top priority this year and future years

calvin

It has to be big athletic lineman..................... It was plain to me watching the game the other night, that we are not very good on either side of the ball up front. We have some good players like Chapman and Lineberry but I thought that we got drove off the ball on defense and offense we didnt get people move. I think this past year we signed a lot of athletes and we have some young guys at the skill positons already so I think we are in good shape there. Now lets go get big boys who can run. The key to any team is up front on both sides of the ball. To me that is our biggest problem from year's past.

Agreed, but recruiting big men is probably the hardest postion to fill. You have to look at an 18 yr old kid and predict how much weight he can put on in a few years and still be able to play. We have had problems with that in the past, many players who just havent turned out or left the team for whatever reasons. How about trying out that Banks kid, he's a big boy for a fresh. Has anyone seen how he's been doing in practice.

I agree with this 110%. This is probably an area where we could look to the Juco route, because I don't think we have the luxury of being deep enough here to redshirt all lineman. (we should redshirt the undersized ones - hopefully that isn't all of them).

Big Men in '06!!