DD=settling for average

Mean'n'Green07

I'm sure this has been said already but heres my opinion on DD.

He's a good coach. Not great but good. Give him a couple of years to rebuild and I'm sure we'll be 7-5 again.

My main problem in supporting DD over the past years is that I know for a fact he can't take us to the next level. He knows how to find a sly way to gather up left over recruits and make them into a makeshift team to run a certain offense and thats it.

After watching the Troy game it appears he knows no other way of coaching. Run, run, third and long pass, punt. Even after being blasted 3 weeks in a row (hell you can count 4, muts outplayed us) he still won't try to adopt to a new playing style, or trying out a new qb, etc. etc.

Bottom line: keeping DD is settling for mediocre and I think everyone knows it. Firing him might result in stepping up to the next level or falling even further.

I think its a terrible idea, but if you're going to fire DD then I'll beg RV and the boosters to at least wait until you have a much better alternative lined up. I don't want any of this crap of firing a coach who has been at the helm of 4 very good and winning teams and then having a search party for someone to fill in.