Reasons to be Positive

GreenGeek

I've only skimmed most of the negative posts here because I think they're are mostly unwarranted for one main reason: this is a young team with only a coupe exceptions.

True, the team has things to work on, and perhpas their could be some tweaking of the play calling and some more throwing down the field--earlier than than the 4th quarter.

However, you will find the top 10 teams in the country have fans complaining about the same things in the above paragraph. You can't play-call your way to more experience on the field.

Sometimes a loss spurs a winning streak. I think the opposite is also true. I think it's a natural progression and it happens to all programs no matter who they are.

By and far, I think the team, and entire program for that matter, is in a great place. I think it's very exciting that this IS a young team and that we've got a lot to look forward to in the coming years. The program is continuing to build a tradition here. I encourage the negative commenters to look at the long-term rather than the short.

There are a lot of good things happening these days.

What do you see positive going on today?

GreenGeek

I honestly think it's positive that we as fans do complain as much as the Top 10 teams' fans. It shows that at least we have high expectations for our team and that we care enough to want more.

The game attendance is a big positive. We've had great turnouts for both games this year - despite the game. The gameday experience just gets better and better. I love that both times the parkinglots have been full. That's absolutely fantastic.

Major props to the students for showing up this year. I don't think there have been so many green people in one area since Kermit the Frog had his last family reunion. Excellent support from the students side and man were they rowdy!

Another major positive is our ESPN2 love. I have heard nothing but good things from my coworkers about Hayden Fry's interview during the 3rd quarter. Everyone is impressed with what we've got going.