Getting the team on track...

SpaceMonkey

1. Lots of reps in game situations (that takes time).

2. Quick, easy passes that are pretty much guaranteed catches. This will help build his confidence and then you can slowly work him up to the deep ball. I don't think his shoulder is where it needs to be right now anyway. Plus, with the D stacking the line, you've got some holes opened up on some short routes. Take advantage of those and you can nickel and dime them to death. This will also allow our D to rest more, and give them a better chance at stopping the opposing offense.

What will it take to get Meager inspired and get his confidence level up?

And don't say winning.

This may not sound right at first but I think that DD needs to open up the entire playbook to Meager. When Drew came in for Hall a few years ago he was limited to 40-50% of the playbook in the words of DD. Meager is in the same boat as DD stated that he would simplify things for Daniel. This just sets Meager up for failure. with 40% of the playbook it may makes the offense waaaayyyyy to predictable and allows the defense to tee us up. Troy put 8 men in the box all night long. They brought linebackers from the outside. They stunted their lineman. They allowed their safeties to fill the gaps up front. They basically used one safety in coverage and rolled him to where ever JQ was at. If Meager has more diversity in the play selection then it might keep the defenses guessing and would give him more opportunities to succeed.

UNT girl - #2 is exactly what I was thinking. Short passes, 8 yards or so, enough to catch and get a first down. Then move to the deep ball.

You're right, he's not the leader of the team right now, but he needs to be, which why I pose the question about how to get him confident and taking the reigns.

1. Lots of reps in game situations (that takes time).

2. Quick, easy passes that are pretty much guaranteed catches. This will help build his confidence and then you can slowly work him up to the deep ball.

E X A C T L Y!!!!

I don't know why you think you can step up to the plate to hit home runs without first being able to get base hits? I don't think that's a bad analogy either. huh.gif

Allow him to play towards his strongest skills(running the ball) by installing a base option offense. Then let him pass off of the reads.

We all watched two-a-days. We all saw his best skill was running the ball. By uitilizing his best skills you give him a better chance to succeed. But that would have had to have been done in August. Not October. Too late now. We are going to force this square peg into a round hole regardless if Danny gets the team on track or not by continueing to set up the play-action with the run first.

Rick