What REALLY Matters

yyz28

This team is NOT ready for prime time. We can discuss and dissect why this year's team hasn't gelled, and what is going wrong, but that’s not what this thread is about.

I'm sure many of us disagree about how to best bring this team back to the level we expect, and how to get them past that level on to the next level, something most of us desperately want. We have waited a long time to get where we have enjoyed being for the last few years, and we can wait a little longer until we all get what we want. In the end, I think we all share the same pride and love for this school, and how far we have come in the last few years, and we should all continue to support this team and our school, no matter how upset and frustrated we get.

Those of you who have read my posts along the way know I’m the first one to scream and bitch when the team doesn’t perform well, and I’m willing to criticize ANYONE who is not performing up to expectations. If you know that, you also know I don’t drink the green Kool-Aide either, I have realistic expectations of the team’s performance. (I’m not the type of guy who was predicting a 9-2 or better season before play began) and I’m LIVID PISSED at how the team played last night. …but that can’t displace the memories of the pride and feelings I had the first time I wore the Green Brigade uniform in the stands at my first game my freshman year in 1994, and I hope that the frustration and anger over the current state of play doesn’t cause anyone here to loose the feelings of pride we all have in the University of North Texas.

If it does, you simply don’t belong here.

No- this school is home for me. I came out of high school with no pride in that place- I got along well with a lot of people, did things for the school itself, but I didn't believe in it.

I came to North Texas and I felt welcomed. This place is home- I can't dream of being at another university. No, UNT isn't a bigtime school, nor is the football team bigtime, but in that is a certain kind of pride you can't get at a larger school. I feel like the school deserves that kind of pride since it doesn't have the same resources and money as the big schools- but they still manage to do a lot with it.

This is North Texas- this is home!