Great Victories with Coach Hayden Fry!

Bryant-Denny is the Alabama stadium. Jordan-Haire is Auburn's. So why not name our new stadium Fry-Mitchell. Honor Odus Mitchell and Hayden Fry. Donors will come out of the woodwork and this just makes sense to me. Coach Fry has the respect of many big-time people with big-time bucks. He loves North Texas. Odus coached here 20-plus years and recruited Joe Greene, among others.

We have a huge opportunity this next Tuesday to showcase so many things, including a big-time victory over Troy University on National TV. Kick-off is 6:35pm, with Dr. Dave Barnett and Craig James calling the action. I will pick up Sears Woods at 12:30pm from his office at Fairbanks Chevrolet and we will be there plenty early for the tailgating festivities, and Coach Fry will be at the Lettermen's Tent to visit with all the players coming back to see him. What a great day this will be.

So, let's GO! MEAN GREEN! PUNCH HOLES IN THE TROJANS!

Here are some of the Great Victories among the 40 we achieved in 6 years with this outstanding Head Football Coach, John Hayden Fry:

1973- Beat Louisville on the road, 7-6.

1974- Beat San Diego State at Fouts Field, 14-9.

1975- Beat Houston at Texas Stadium, 28-0.

Beat Tennessee at Neyland Stadium, 21-14.

1976- Beat Drake at Fouts Field, 63-0.

1977- Beat UTEP, 41-10.

Beat SMU at Texas Stadium, 24-13.

Beat Southern Miss, 27-14.

Beat Memphis State, 20-19.

Beat New Mexico State, 45-17.

Beat Louisiana Tech, 41-14.

1978- Beat UTEP, 49-0.

Beat Oklahoma State, 12-7 at Texas Stadium.

Beat Louisiana Tech, 16-14 in Shreveport.

Beat Southern Miss, 25-12.

Beat Memphis State, 41-24.

I'm proud to have worked for Coach Fry. He is an inspiration to me, and to those he coached. GO! MEAN GREEN!