North Texas vs Troy Watching Parties

NT Drummer

Chicago

Hey,

I always see the watching parties all around Texas and I miss out on the fun and more importantly drinking! Wait that makes me sound like an alcoholic. Oh well, I'm too lazy to hit delete. Anyway, I just found out that there is a Chicago chapter of NT Exes and there is a watching party this Tuesday.

Joe's Sports Bar

940 West Weed St.

Chicago, IL 60622

Kick-off time is 6:30 p.m.

For those in the area, it is right off of the North/Clybourn stop on the Red Line. I was glad to hear it is at this bar. Very big with lots of TVs, including personal TVs at the tables with your own speaker. Watched a Mavs playoff game there last season and it was great!

Don't make me drink alone people!

Edited by Cerebus

Houston

Where:

Champp's

1121 Uptown Park Blvd.  610 and Post Oak

http://www.champps.com/

The game starts at 6:30; why not come straight from work?

Are we sure it is at Champp's? For some reason I thought the watching parties are at SRO's. I am just looking for some confirmation.

Hope its at Champps because I am going to be there in about 45 minutes... and Im bringing a Sooner and a Longhorn to watch it with me... dont let me down NT!

Guess they didn't hear your plea...

NTDrummer ... good job organizing the watching party. Thanks for your work.

NTDrummer ... good job organizing the watching party.  Thanks for your work.

Thanks to everyone who came - that's what made it successful.

We had this party at Champps due to a committment by the Gulf Coast Exes president (before I got involved). But I'm inclined to have future parties at SRO - what do y'all think?

Im sorry I didnt get to meet everyone, we couldnt find a spot in the bar so ended up at a table next to it... saw a few people in green but we all came straight from work in our work attire

some guy standing near was laughing at people enjoying the game talking about how someone cheering for NT must be easily ammused... of course he negated that statement once he let out he graduated from SFA.

Then there was the canadian guy who kept coming by asking if my team had scored a touchdown yet after he asked what division of college football it was that was on....

I like champps though, just would have liked to have some game sound on. Im indifferent to either place as a watching locatin, just want some sound!

Im sorry I didnt get to meet everyone, we couldnt find a spot in the bar so ended up at a table next to it... saw a few people in green but we all came straight from work in our work attire

some guy standing near was laughing at people enjoying the game talking about how someone cheering for NT must be easily ammused... of course he negated that statement once he let out he graduated from SFA.

Then there was the canadian guy who kept coming by asking if my team had scored a touchdown yet after he asked what division of college football it was that was on....

I like champps though, just would have liked to have some game sound on. Im indifferent to either place as a watching locatin, just want some sound!

If you were at the bar, then you actually missed us. We were in the "patio room" beyond the bar (more than 20 of us) - and we did have the sound on. The host/hostess should have told you when you came in. I saw that there were a few screens at the bar with the game on, and worried that this might happen. I'm more than a bit irritated about that - I bet now you are too.

If you were at the bar, then you actually missed us.  We were in the "patio room" beyond the bar (more than 20 of us) - and we did have the sound on.  The host/hostess should have told you when you came in.  I saw that there were a few screens at the bar with the game on, and worried that this might happen.  I'm more than a bit irritated about that - I bet now you are too.

I was in that room...i was the loud big guy towards the front.