Jerry Hughes--RB Prospect 2006

LongJim

Keep an eye on this guy, too...(dated 7/05)

Matt Stepp

TexasPrepXtra.com

Jerry Hughes the RB/DE from Austin High in Sugar Land is getting closer to making a decision on where he will land. "I attended the mini-camp at the University of North Texas this past weekend, and I was really impressed with the campus and the program. They are an up and coming program and their facilities impressed me," said Hughes. Could Coach Darrell Dickey's Mean Green be moving into the picture? On Sunday Hughes impressed scouts at the mini-camp at Texas A&M. The last week of June Jerry was also making waves at the mini-camp at Baylor University in Waco.

The 6'2 215 pound senior to be says this weekend he plans on attending mini-camps at TCU, which still appears to be the favorite in the Hughes sweepstakes. "Besides TCU on Friday I will go up to Tulsa and attend their camp Saturday," says the Bulldogs star player. Missouri, Arkansas, Northwestern and Wisconsin and Texas Tech are also in the mix to land Hughes.

Keep an eye on this guy, too...(dated 7/05)

Matt Stepp

TexasPrepXtra.com   

Jerry Hughes the RB/DE from Austin High in Sugar Land is getting closer to making a decision on where he will land. "I attended the mini-camp at the University of North Texas this past weekend, and I was really impressed with the campus and the program. They are an up and coming program and their facilities impressed me," said Hughes. Could Coach Darrell Dickey's Mean Green be moving into the picture? On Sunday Hughes impressed scouts at the mini-camp at Texas A&M. The last week of June Jerry was also making waves at the mini-camp at Baylor University in Waco.

The 6'2 215 pound senior to be says this weekend he plans on attending mini-camps at TCU, which still appears to be the favorite in the Hughes sweepstakes. "Besides TCU on Friday I will go up to Tulsa and attend their camp Saturday," says the Bulldogs star player. Missouri, Arkansas, Northwestern and Wisconsin and Texas Tech are also in the mix to land Hughes.

As far as facilities go at our Eagle Point Campus with all these recruits: THEY AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET! cool.gif

Jerry is from my old high school and my brothers current. My bro is a soph. on JV and I have seen him at all the games but last time he was wearing a TCU shirt. In his first 3 games this season he has 2 200+ games 7 tds? I haven't had a chance to check out a game but I will within the next few weeks and give yall an update.

On a side note the TE Trevor Stuart one of the top 5 in state was wearing a NT shirt the other day. Although he has already verbaled to UNC, he still has plenty of time to change.

Hopefully former Austin player Brandon Jackson can get his former teamates to the good side.

• 2 weeks later...