New NT tv spot

MootPoint

Well, the production still looks amateur compared to other university commercials that I have seen, but atleast we aren't "the leading University of the Dallas-Fort Worth region" anymore. I think they closed with "discover the power of excellence" which isn't great, but much better. Since we have a deep alumni base in RTVF and a great RTVF department can't we do better than a commercial like this. I mean, I like the commercials and all, but the Denton Ryan v. Southlake Carroll commercials last year were better than our Mean Green season tickets spot...

I'm glad the AD and the school are promoting more, but we need more professional production and the 80s techno background music has to go.

Well, the production still looks amateur compared to other university commercials that I have seen, but atleast we aren't "the leading University of the Dallas-Fort Worth region" anymore. I think they closed with "discover the power of excellence" which isn't great, but much better. Since we have a deep alumni base in RTVF and a great RTVF department can't we do better than a commercial like this. I mean, I like the commercials and all, but the Denton Ryan v. Southlake Carroll commercials last year were better than our Mean Green season tickets spot...

I'm glad the AD and the school are promoting more, but we need more professional production and the 80s techno background music has to go.

I'm a little unclear about your true feelings. Now, what do you really think of the new commerical?

I'm dizzy.

No kidding that sucked the big one its jumpy and annoying I could not Wait until it was over, WTF is with that music. Is our music department slipping? My gosh I would think we could do better than that.

Its like a very old tech-school advertisement on the old pre-cable UHF frequency channels would carry. Man how embarrassing.

They need some theme commercials.

So I watched it again and I just don't understand why they'd make a new spot and keep the same shot of the OLD brown brick unt sign. (Shots like that make the ad look like it's from the early 90's)

It's a TV spot, show the gleaming granite North Texas sign on NT blvd. Show the brand new buildings. The rec center did make it in but as a flash of the rock climbing wall. Guess that's better than nothing.

While watching the Baylor TAMU game, I got a chance to see their commercials. Nothing flashy, but very powerful. TAMU's was excellent - it had former president George Bush talking about why he chose TAMU for his presidential library, and they showed some excellent aerial shots of the campus.

Baylor's was very good as well. Neither commercial looked like it cost top dollar, but they were very crisp, very clean, and had good tag lines. North Texas doesn't need to spend $1000s on a commercial - we just need one with updated photos and shots of the new buildings, and students or someone talking about the spirit and pride of North Texas. Academically, we have a lot to be proud of (as I tell anyone who asks) and we should do a better job of showcasing that.

OMFG. New "Image"? So are they trying to say we have nothing. I would not be happy if that were a Junior College image piece. "Music" sux, I'm dizzy, Says nothing, This is a piece of Shit. When the hell will they ever learn.

Edited by gruu

When I first saw this during the MTSU game, I thought it was bad. When it was linked here on the board and I saw it again, I thought it was horrible. I wanted to say something, but figured I best just keep my mouth shut and not hear the "you want to trash everything the school puts out" line.

This commercial looks great for Devry or the University of Phoenix online (Sun Belt member in '07), but for North Texas - it is far below what it should be. Really it looks just like the last one but with a new shot or 2 of the rock climbing wall or a new building.

I wasn't going to say anything either but it sux hind tit for sure. I wonder if they just hire someone on the outside to do these? Surely someone who is proud of their school wouldn't be so bland?

Last week I saw a Pac 10 school, possibly USC's commercial and it wasn't fancy one bit but very powerful. It showed the direct connection between Athletics and Academics. It had a university professor talk about his program, while showing interesting footage on campus, then you see/hear a football player talking about the same professors program and how it's helped him accel as a student athlete, while showing football footage. Then they end the commercial by meeting out in the middle of the field and saying some statement(I can't remember) about how acadecmics and athletics help each other.

Complete outside the box marketing compared to what we are used to here.

Rick