Best of Dallas

adman

This years "Best of Dallas" by the Dallas Observer is on stands now and I was thumbing through it last night I noticed our very own Darryl Dickey won BEST COLLEGE COACH. They did take a stab or two at him but regardless it was good press and nice to see. Congratulations coach now beat the hell out of troy.

Well he only had 2 other area coaches for competition. One who coached an underachieving TCU team to a 5-6 record, and well, Bennett from SMUt who garnered 3 more wins than his previous 0-12 season. Its no wonder Dickey won.

Kinda like winning the Sun Belt conference year after year. ph34r.gif

Well he only had 2 other area coaches for competition. One who coached an underachieving TCU team to a 5-6 record, and well, Bennett from SMUt who garnered 3 more wins than his previous 0-12 season. Its no wonder Dickey won.

Only TWO other area coaches? Lets see, there is football, basketball (mens and womens) track (mens and womens) golf (mens and womens) soccer (Womens and in some schools men) swimming & diving, and tennis. No wonder all the football teams around these parts have trouble going undefeated. With only THREE coaches coaching all those sports they're too busy to dedicate themselves to football only.

The "award" was Best College Coach not best college footbal coach.

Only TWO other area coaches?  Lets see, there is football, basketball (mens and womens) track (mens and womens) golf (mens and womens) soccer (Womens and in some schools men) swimming & diving, and tennis.  No wonder all the football teams around these parts have trouble going undefeated.  With only THREE coaches coaching all those sports they're too busy to dedicate themselves to football only.

The "award" was Best College Coach not best college footbal coach.

If it is all coaches then it should have gone to Dave Borelli over at TCU for resurrecting the women's tennis team.

Kinda like winning the Sun Belt conference year after year.  ph34r.gif

I'm glad people are growing tired of only winning the Sunbelt every year. It means fan expectations are growing and that can only be a good thing. For the majority of my time at NT there were ZERO expectations for our football program. But NT becoming a perennial power year in year out across the board not just in football but all sports is going to take time. We're getting there. I dare say DD and RV have done more for this program than any coach/AD ever. Yep I said it and I know for you old timers it's blasphemy to put anyone above Hayden Fry but the improvements made under RV's direction would never have happened without DD's winning the Sun Belt year in and year out.