Lots of large company crowds coming to Troy game.

stebo

Sounds like we will have a pretty good built in crowd for the game in one week. It is the 30 year anniversary of the big win in Tennessee so that team will be honored at halftime along with Coach Fry. Peterbilt and both of the Denton hospitals have bought a ton of bulk tickets for the game along with several other large businesses in Denton.

So there are reasons to make room for the Troy-NT game in one week, even if you are mad about the 2 losses. Come out to watch our team try to keep our 26 consecutive conference game win streak alive. Come out to thank Coach Fry and the 1975 team for their awesome achievements and for getting us into the top 25 for the only time in North Texas history. Come out to have a few beers and see the pretty girls. Come out to celebrate how far we have come in the last 5 years. We are 1-0 right now as far as I am concerned and the team needs every single one of us out at the stadium next week. I know that I have to open the next day so I will only be able to stay for 3 quarters; but I will come out for as long as I can and cheer on my team, regardless of the outcome. In January you will regret missing any of the action.

The season is only a few months long and you should make your best effort to enjoy every single moment of it. If we are only going to have 12K at the game then you want to be one of the ones that can claim that YOU WERE ONE OF US! You can have bragging rights that when everyone else jumped ship; you were still there to cheer on the men in Green. These are the trying times that shake out the fair weathered fans from the band wagon fans. Don't be one of those Johnny-come-lately type of fans, be there through the good and the bad. If you are unhappy then show up to BOO, just show up.

Come for all the reasons that Stebo listed but most of all come for the most important reason...

This is your team. Win, lose or draw this is your alma mater/adopted team/favorite pastime. Being a fan doesn't mean that you support them when they please you, it means you support them every time they strap em up and play. I've been saying it to apathetic students for years now...if you want a better product on the field give them a better product in the stands.

we should all come to the game, whether you're a student, faculty employee, or live in the metroplex there are no excuses... and any of yall who plan to just watch the game on espn 2 since its a national televised you guys especially need to come, just set the vcr to record the game like the rest of us you are going to attend the actual game, this is the SBC championship game played here in denton, texas, thats the reason it is going to be aired live on t..v from coast to coast. smile.gif

we all need to make an extra effort to support our team, especially in this SBC game, cause if we can win this one than, we are in pace to win our fifth straight conference championship, and not many Big 12 teams can say that, even if our conference is modeled after a 1-AA league... laugh.gif

show up for tailgatin, the food and the game and watch the highlights when you get home of the MEAN GREEN TROUNCIN the TROY TROJANS!!!!!!!!

cool.gif

Rick, C'mon...

...you KNOW that if you question ANYTHING about this team or critisize the performance, you are, by definiation, a negative poster and a fair weather fan. You must be happy with 50 point losses, if you are to be a true fan of this team.

LOL!

My wife, my self and a couple of non UNT grad friends will be coming with us.

Edited by yyz28

By the way, is it me or am I the only one who see's the funny-as-hell irony that we are taking time to honor a team that won a game against a team it had no reason for even being in the same stadium with much less beating them, 30 years ago. All in front of a home crowd that has been sold OVER AND OVER AND OVER on the story that we can't compete against those same teams today because....

well, you can pick your own excuse. dry.gif

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

By the way, is it me or am I the only one who see's the funny-as-hell irony that we are taking time to honor a team that won a game against a team it had no reason for even being in the same stadium much less winning, 30 years ago.  All in front of a home crowd that has been sold OVER AND OVER AND OVER on the story that we can't compete against those same teams today because....

Rick

I'd say it's more sad than funny.

By the way, is it me or am I the only one who see's the funny-as-hell irony that we are taking time to honor a team that won a game against a team it had no reason for even being in the same stadium much less winning, 30 years ago.  All in front of a home crowd that has been sold OVER AND OVER AND OVER on the story that we can't compete against those same teams today because....

Rick

I'm right there with ya'. It's almost as well thought out as the policy that threatens Stebo with arrest for flinging a tortilla.

4th and 55? Sh!t, let's go for it! Run it up the middle!

It should be a better game considering Troy will be our weakest opponent yet. If it's not, if we have another subpar yardage game and 7 points in a loss, are we to be dissapointed? Will it then, be appropiriate to start asking questions about our offense?

Dissapointed? Yes. Appropriate to start asking questions about our offense? No, never. Well, if you have played college ball maybe. But unless you have have played college ball you are not allowed to have an opinion about football-basically relegating you to cheerleader status.

Since I have never been the Presidient of the United States, I will relinquish my right to vote. I am a true Mean Green fan.

So, give more money and shut up to be a true Mean Green fan.

Cruel gomeangreen.com jedi mind trick coming up;

You only THINK the last two games were horrific blowout loses setting the program back a decade. If you had any REAL football knowledge (which won't be discussed here but attempted) you would know better.

By the way, is it me or am I the only one who see's the funny-as-hell irony that we are taking time to honor a team that won a game against a team it had no reason for even being in the same stadium with much less beating them, 30 years ago.  All in front of a home crowd that has been sold OVER AND OVER AND OVER on the story that we can't compete against those same teams today because....

Rick

Just before I read this, I was thinking that very thing. If nothing else, that team certainly represented a completely different mind-set on the part of the coaching staff.

And just for instance. Hayden Fry was the FIRST EVER coach to arrive on the North Texas campus and tell us that we should get rid of our second class mind set, and assume the attitude that WE ARE AS GOOD AS ANYONE ELSE. He also told us that our school was just as worthy of it's alumni/student loyalty as any other school in Texas.....or the nation for that matter. wink.gif

Edited by SilverEagle

Just before I read this, I was thinking that very thing. If nothing else, that team certainly represented a completely different mind-set on the part of the coaching staff.

And just for instance. Hayden Fry was the FIRST EVER coach to arrive on the North Texas campus and tell us that we should get rid of our second class mind set, and assume the attitude that WE ARE AS GOOD AS ANYONE ELSE.  He also told us that our school was just as worthy of it's alumni/student loyalty as any other school in Texas.....or the nation for that matter.  wink.gif

Yes Yes!!!!

Come for all the reasons that Stebo listed but most of all come for the most important reason...

This is your team.  Win, lose or draw this is your alma mater/adopted team/favorite pastime.  Being a fan doesn't mean that you support them when they please you, it means you support them every time they strap em up and play.  I've been saying it to apathetic students for years now...if you want a better product on the field give them a better product in the stands.

Amen (once again) Emmitt! You are on a roll! cool.gif

It is encouraging that NT Athletics has been promoting this game for quite awhile and I believe Dentonites and Denton County citizens know the importance and all the reasons they all need to be seen at Fouts Field on this ESPN2 nationally televised game. If you as a fan can only make the 1'st quarter due to a weeknight game, then come out for the 1'st quarter (which I would wager turns into you staying for a 2'nd quarter).

I wonder what efforts are being made to fill the south endzone/Daktronics scoreboard seats? HS bands could fill those seats quickly but that is all I am going to say about that. rolleyes.gif

Nevertheless, I am most encouraged about Denton and the Denton areas larger corporation's participation in this football game. Yet we need all the Denton area "mom and pop" businesses at this game just as much.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen