1-AA W. Kentucky, 342 yds, 14 pts vs AUBURN

FirefightnRick

Because the Double D says it it is soooooo hard to do things at NT.

Why?

Large University

Seemingly endless number of majors to pursue an education

Committment to athletics as evidenced by multi million dollar upgrades to facilities

Good location

Great regional access to talent

Non restrictive admission requirements for our student athletes

I am sick of the man bashing the situation he has here.

Is it the best? No

Is it as bad as he portrays? NO!

Just win more often than not the SBC, a few OOC games and quit bashing the school/alums/fans. That is all that I ask.

Because the Double D says it it is soooooo hard to do things at NT.

Why?

Large University

Seemingly endless number of majors to pursue an education

Committment to athletics as evidenced by multi million dollar upgrades to facilities

Good location

Great regional access to talent

Non restrictive admission requirements for our student athletes

I am sick of the man bashing the situation he has here.

Is it the best? No

Is it as bad as he portrays? NO!

Just win more often than not the SBC, a few OOC games and quit bashing the school/alums/fans. That is all that I ask.

Here's something to think about....

Is DD holding NT down? With all the points you've just made, was it only inevitable that this team have the success it's had so far? If DD wasn't hired, would NT be where it is now? With the boom of the internet, satellite subscriptions, and information technology the recruiting communication and university exposure has allowed many smaller schools to improve talent in their programs. Would another coach have taken this program further?

Edited by Got5onIt

Here's something to think about....

Is DD holding NT down? With all the points you've just made, was it only inevitable that this team have the success it's had so far? If DD wasn't hired, would NT be where it is now? With the boom of the internet, satellite subscriptions, and information technology the recruiting communication and university exposure has allowed many smaller schools to improve talent in their programs. Would another coach have taken this program further?

Just to play devils advocate.

Maybe just maybe the timing was right with the right group of kids and the right defensive coordinator, dropped into a new crappy conference with its own bowl tie in. Maybe Dickey didn't do much at all just in the right place at the right time. Because the proof is in the pudding as my mom used to say. Can't compete outside the belt, we won only one of our four NOBowls. After DeLoach left we look a little weaker each year. We have other trends like continued discipline troubles on and off the field and in the classroom. Why did we not use up all our scholarships this year?

Maybe Dickey was just lucky! And maybe he is starting to run out of luck.

Edited by KingDL1

Maybe just maybe the timing was right with the right group of kids and the right defensive coordinator, dropped into a new crappy conference with its own bowl tie in. Maybe Dickey didn't do much at all just in the right place at the right time. Because the proof is in the pudding as my mom used to say. Can't compete outside the belt, we won only one of our four NOBowls. After DeLoach left we look a little weaker each year. We have other trends like continued discipline troubles on and off the field and in the classroom. Why did we not use up all out scholarships this year?

Satan, I solute you!!! biggrin.giftongue.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

Maybe just maybe the timing was right with the right group of kids and the right defensive coordinator, dropped into a new crappy conference with its own bowl tie in. Maybe Dickey didn't do much at all just in the right place at the right time. Because the proof is in the pudding as my mom used to say. Can't compete outside the belt, we won only one of our four NOBowls. After DeLoach left we look a little weaker each year. We have other trends like continued discipline troubles on and off the field and in the classroom. Why did we not use up all our scholarships this year?

Devil's advocate or not, I'm in agreement with most of what you said.

Speaking of lower classification football programs, as Rick was, Div. II West Texas A&M drew 14,150 fans to their game this last weekend.

Glad to see that WT is having a good year finally, remember listening to the stadium speakers from my house growing up. WT has a place in my heart, albeight a small one. wink.gif