Ever heard of Jeff Ballard?

FirefightnRick

He's the inexperienced Junior QB that came in for an injured Tye Gunn and  led TCU to two or three second half TD's and come from behind and beat BYU in Provo in overtime.

TCU put up over 500 yards of offense with a backup QB and RB.

Rick

Great reference Rick but the difference is Gary Patterson has instilled a refuse to lose attitude in his team while ours rolls over and takes it to the house when things get tough.

He's the inexperienced Junior QB that came in for an injured Tye Gunn and  led TCU to two or three second half TD's and come from behind and beat BYU in Provo in overtime.

TCU put up over 500 yards of offense with a backup QB and RB.

Rick

Yeah, I posted about this in another thread as well. My big problem is how we keep excusing our QB situation because we have a lack of experience. We accept mediocrity because of inexperience and we are content that our QB is getting better because our receivers dropped some passes.

Ballard had thrown one pass as a college QB prior to today. Today he threw for five touchdowns and led the Horned Frogs to an awesome come-from-behind victory. Now I agree that it would be unfair for me to expect that of our starting QB but, after two games, I would like some something better than what I saw today.

This goes back to my point in an earlier post of other teams losing players, filling in with another, and moving on. If your recruiting improves through wins, these players that fill in will not force you to lose too much on the field.

This is where coaching shows if these young men have been properly prepared. Coaches must put these guys in a position to succeed..

Edited by Got5onIt