Hey Guys

Kstateguy

Hey Guys, I went to the rivals board and there is nothing on it and someone said all your activity is over here.Wishing you good luck on more than just football this weekend. I know the weather is a major concern as it should be (I live in FL and know hurricanes). I was reading your posts and it sounds like your team is a lot like ours last year.....coming off a good season but losing a lot of good players except for your awesome backs (we had one too last year). The good news is you have some weapons, the bad news is that they are your only weapons so far and teams will gang up on them daring you to have to pass.Thats what they did to us all last year and it worked in THEIR favor. (That is the breaks with youth and inexperience) I hope for our sake that is what we do on Saturday.

Anyway, you have had some great teams and this year is just a "down year" only due to youth and inexpcerience and having to rebuild. It happened to us coming off a Big 12 CC Year, and if it can happen to OU this year, then it can happen anywhere. You have a good coach ( he played when I went to KState), just keep the faith, collect the $$ from the bigger conferences, no injuries and most of all be safe and prepared to help those in need from this $#@^ing hurricane. Good luck

the bad news is that they are your only weapons so far and teams will gang up on them daring you to have to pass.

If anyone dares' us to pass they are going to be very dissapointed. K State's front 9 will have an enjoyable day for sure.

By the way, the last time I was in Manhatten, the team in green walked in EXPECTING A WIN, AND THE CHECK as was the norm for my generation of the Mean Green. And had it not been for a bullshit pass interference call and the final 12 seconds the Mean Green would have gotten both.

Rick

The only thing I can tell you about KState this year is that I think some of you guys are giving us way too much credit. I havent seen this team blow anyone out that they should have and I doubt they will blow you guys out like some of you think. We have had too far many TOs to blow anyone out and our Dline hasnt pressured anyone yet. I wont lie and say we wont win because I think we will, but I dont see the blowout that a lot of people (both KSU and NT) predict unless we have zero TO's (but I also doubt that will happen). We are still very much a work in progress with a lot of youth like your team.

I think our only saving grace is that at this time, the NTexas offense hasnt shown they can pass efficiently enough if the run gets shut down and our defense is playing a little better (we finally have the speed/improved tackling we were lacking last year). Bottom line, I think we are "a little above average" but in no means a "great team" yet. Too many problems to be corrected before that happens. My prediction:

KSU 37

NT 10

Anyway, good luck guys and be safe. If you are registered on rivals, come over to kstatefans.com and say hi. We have our few token dumba$$es like every board but most are pretty cool.Peace.

Welcome to our board, Kstateguy...

I remember meeting Bill Snyder at a Mean Green gathering not long after former NT coaching legend Hayden Fry hired him from Austin College. Geez! He sure did have more hair back in those days--of course, so did I. blink.gif

Hope its a good game where both teams show improvement, but we would take a win if it were to just happen to come our way. rolleyes.gif

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

We have had too far many TOs to blow anyone out and our Dline hasnt pressured anyone yet.

That will likely change on Saturday.

I was VERY disappointed and embarrassed with last week's blowout. I should have seen it coming based on our performance in the first week. That being said, the Tulsa game could have been drastically different had we scored that first touchdown on the PC run (called back on a holding penalty). We probably still would have lost but it may not have been as lopsided. I hope our team has learned a lot from their mistakes in the first two games and that we can recover from an unexpected debacle. The good news is that we're still 1-0 in the SBC.

Good luck K-State...I hope we can give you a decent game.

A "Down Year"...i know tulsa handled us our ace...but for goodness sake we are still 1-1, with a 25 game win streak in our conference...yeah i know its the sbc, but its the only conference we are in, last time i checked. I believe this "down year" will be turned around, and turned around fast. Are we expected to win in manhattan...NO...do i think we will...NO...but I expect to see a different team than i saw last week. I expect to see a team that wants to compete, I expect to see a team with some heart. Who knows we could be the Fresno St on ks sched this yr. You never know!!! Just ask swt..if they thought they would take atm to the brink. watch out ksu...THE MEAN GREEN ARE HEADED NORTH.