Interesting Phone Call recieved just now.

FirefightnRick

I just got a fund raiser call from the Shriners based in Knoxville Tennessee. They are asking people to sponsor some of the displaced kids from Katrina for a chance to go to the Shrine Circus when it comes to town in your area. Our's will be in Ft Worth in November. Anyhow, the gentleman sounded like he was pretty way up in his years and was very kind, he asked if I was familiar with the circus and I said I was, that I had attended it several times growing up and that a girl I dated in college was related to a man who was a long time clown in the circus, that we used to go to it and go back stage to see the animals get fed and all etc. I requested the info to send in the money, they don't ask for money over the phone. Later he asked me, "Where did you go to college?". I said the University of North Texas. He then said: "Oh, isn't North Texas State where little Darrell Dickey Jr coaches football?" I started laughing and said yes. He knew his father from way back, and I couldn't make out exactly where he said he knew them from. But he said he was surprised to read about "North Texas State" in Sports Illustrated and USA Today and glad little Darrel was doing so well. He lives in Knoxville and saw where we played MTSU the "other day" and was going to keep a better eye on our team from now on.

By the way, if they call you, as I said, they don't ask for money over the phone. If you pledge to send them $30, they will send you tickets for 3 people and an addressed envelope and you send them a check or money order back. If you pledge $40 you get 4 tickets and so on. So it's a great deal for you and your family and you get to send some displaced kids to the circus as well.

Rick