NM Green

NM Green

Just taking a mental break from the doom and gloom of this Mean Green week.

Listening to the radio shows here in Hawaii is so reminescent of our days with ID, USU and NMSU in our league. Idaho is actually favored over mighty Hawaii this week in the Kibbie Dome. I am so proud that we never lost to them during their SBC days. What an accomplishment for our program.

Now I assume ID is favored because Hawaii didn't win a road game last year, yet still went on to win the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl. One thing about a smaller market team is that you get to hear details about the opponent leading up to the game. I wish Dallas radio would focus on the locals opponents more. I find it interesting, but I know I was in the Mean Green minority in the Big D.

The other thing that makes me grin is the fact that the sportscasters keep saying that the Warriors have never played in a Dome. I am not sure they realize that this "Dome" is more like a barn. I know we have Fouts, but at least it feels like a real football stadium. Those Warriors and fans are going to walk off that bus and into that place and look as shocked as we did when we were first being introduced to the Vandals. I wish the Bows and Vandals well, but geez I am glad we don't have to go back up there.

Like others on this board I do get tired of the dump everyone takes on the SBC. Until we change that perception it is going to happen on a regular basis. But the more disturbing part is the praise ID now gets as a result of them joining the WAC. In last week's game against WA they were talking about Idaho's amazing potential and surge in desireability as a result of them being out of the SBC and into the WAC. How the coach who came over from USC would not even have considered the move unless ID got accepted into the WAC. Meanwhile we work and work and work and stay put.

Oh well, nothing in Mean Green land has ever been easy and all this does is make us work even harder for all that we have and all we will accomplish in the future!

Kick the Cats!

GMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNT should have accepted a bid to the WAC, if only for a few years.  It has more respect than the Sun belt, which we will never get out of now.  sad.gif

So we can beat NMSU, USU, and I-da-ho, which would means a 3-8 season in the Weak Ass Conference with pure Dickey ball. dry.gifuser posted image

Remember, this is a conference that has 3 Div. 1A wins thus far in the season. (Link) Yeah, the Sun Belt hasn't done any better, but think about why the WAC wants us ... as a central time zone bridge for La Tech. ph34r.gif

I mean, if we're going to retry the western experiment, why limit ourselves with the WAC. MWC is a far better conference with a local bowl game.

Edited by UNTFan23