What Can You Say

Eagle-96

I have been following the Mean Green since 1994 and this was as bad of a home loss as I can remember. I kept waiting for the team to wake up and they didn't. Tulsa is a good team and all but I would be embarassed to lose to LSU 54-2 but I am mortified to lose to a C-USA team that bad:

1. Garret Mills beat us time after time on the crossing pattern. We either couldn't or wouldn't defend it. The sad thing is that we knew it was coming.

2. Our D-line has NO push up front. My grandmother could pass for 70% with the time we are allowing quarterbacks to set up. We have got to employ more safety and LB blitzes or our secondary is doomed.

3. We made no adjustments at halftime. We actually regressed.

4. My in-laws are in their 70's and need chairbacks to keep them comfortable for 4 hours. We walked about a mile to the gate with our 2 chairbacks only to have the gate attendent tell us we couldn't take them in because they weren't allowed this season. The woman in front of me took one in and I asked the attendent why she could take one in. He replied that she has a bad back. HUH??? I asked if I could check them in instead of walking all the way back to my car. No dice. I walked all the way back to the car and dropped the chairs off and got back in time for the national anthem. To my surprise, about ten people around me had chairbacks. HUH???. Then, during the first quarter, they make the PA announcement that "You can now get your chairbacks if you had to check them in before the game". I wanted to scream. I then walked all the way back to my car at halftime to retreive the chairs. That is Bush league.

5. The crowd was great. Hats off to the students as they really showed and were loud as usual. I am proud of the students.

6. We will see about 13,000 for Troy. I think the students will show but it will be hard for some alumni to get to a 6:30 game during the week. Not to mention that alot of first timers won't be back after Saturday's debacle. Throw in the fact that you can just turn the TV on to see the game and it will be a small crowd.

7. I know the sun is in the face of the opposing team because they are on the student side of the field but I really think that our boys should be on the student side. I think they could really feed off of the students energy. The team had to turn and coax the alumni side to make noise on thrid downs.

8. Danny Meager looked lost out there at times. He cannot throw the deep ball right now. I am not sure if he is still hurt. If his arm is healthy and he lays up wounded ducks like that then he has no business being out there. If he is hurt then we need someone in there that can air it out.

9. I am glad that Phillips got some playing time because we need more than one guy with experience at the position.

I think maybe we should just stay with the run since PC has rushed for 100 yds each game, with 9 consistently in the box and a QB who can not throw more than 25 yds or 10 yds accurately.

Just run it down their throats then, as long as we can get away from the holding. The long run by PC and JT called back due to holding I think probably was what broke the spirits of the team.

Could have been a very close game, with some momentum going into the half, but the stupid penalties and the defense having to play a short-field the whole game just made it impossible to win.

I'll cross my fingers lightly for the last 3 OOC games that we can at least hang with 3 TD's, especially against LATech.