what was up with the fake punts

jperg2

ok the first time that Tulsa had 4th down and 11 from mid-field did we obviously think they were going to go for it? Not me... I figured they'd try something cause that `didn't seem right. What happened ... fake play, but a pooch punt ... down inside the 5 --> result: safety for Tulsa.

second time same situation... did we wise up? no... another pooch punt, downed inside the 5... again!

third time same situation... FINALLY some one wised up and had JQ out deep playing coverage, and returner "in case" they did it again. They did, and he was smart and called for a fair catch at the 15yrd line.

I can't believe they tried the same play 3 times in the game and it took us 2 previous attempts before something was done about it.

Jeez and WTF was with the 4th down and 55 in the 4th quarter???

And can we please have a bit more discipline on the field... those HOLDING penalties are not going to cure themselves.

Still backing the GREEN!!! dry.gif

I don't know where to begin but their"quick kicks". They were on fourth down and lined up in a non kick formation. They really were no surprize either since the yardage was long and the position on the field was too far from the endzone. We should have had someone back somewhat. They should have not been successes. Dumb deals, and fell for them.

Why where we, known for running throwing so much on first down? We often threw passes to the side usually to players who were behind the line of scrimage and they just loved us to complete them and was would get tackled for a loss. I complained about NO not throwning short passes to back up the defenses but throwing into the backfield does not back up anyone and wasn't an issue anyway.

We had way too many penalities and many were 15 for unsportsman penalities.. Stupid. It seems every time we moved the ball well we swould have a penality, the long run Cobbs had to the 3 was wiped out by a penality on the other side of the fiield, did not even effect the play's outcome..dumb. We once had a fourth and 55, largely because of penalities.

The game was lost but the near the end we were attemping to throw, calling time-out and were at least 70 yards away. Just use running plays and end the misery.....but we didn't and gave up a final insulting touchdown.

It many ways this was worse than Texas last year, this was a home game and besides UT was very, very good team. In this case we (in my opinion) made a lot of really bad decisions. The penalities were killing us and were happening just we had some success but we could never recover. I did not think effort was a problem but many decisions were really awful. The offensive line really had problem it seems but that at least isn't decision or dumb penality related.

This loss will really hurt attendence from here out.