very impressed

j0nat8an

with dd and rv's decision to get the community involved by letting the denton city pee wee football champions start on the o line

LOL!!!!!! laugh.gif

Why not put Korey Washington in there? It will help with bad o-line play.

Run him like Texas uses Vince Young. Run first pass later. More option plays with Cobbs & Thomas. Run the triple option out of the I-formation. Cobbs at fullback runs the dive, Thomas runs the sweep, & Special K either hands it off to Cobbs or pitches to Thomas on the sweep. Hell, he can keep it and run!!

Edited by Got5onIt

LOL!!!!!! laugh.gif

Why not put Korey Washington in there? It will help with bad o-line play.

Run him like Texas uses Vince Young. Run first pass later. More option plays with Cobbs & Thomas. Run the triple option out of the I-formation. Cobbs at fullback runs the dive, Thomas runs the sweep, & Special K either hands it off to Cobbs or pitches to Thomas on the sweep. Hell, he can keep it and run!!

I don't care what plays are called and I don't care who is at QB as long as the QB doesn't consistently throw the ball SHORT. I sure hope the next game I see has us using a QB that doesn't throw the ball SHORT, whether its the same QB or another QB. But, with no passing game, we have no running game and basically no game whatsoever.

Edited by MootPoint

I agree. I really would love for him to succeed and maybe it is just a lack of confidence in his shoulder, but, for the most, part, he did have time to make a decision. Unfortunately, some of his throws just plain scared me and I found myself wondering why we weren't running more style_emoticons/style_emoticons/ Also, Quinn made a great catch there in the fourth on another poorly thrown ball. At least we know he can make the catch if the QB gives him a chance to make the play.

When Phillips came in, his first snap was a roll out to the right and our recievers were heading long down field, but the ball was blown dead at the snap due to a delay of game or something yet Phillips continued his roll out. At that point it was obvious we were going to try something different, possibly a stronger arm at QB. And Tulsa knew it as well. They read that and blitzed the remaining plays Phillips was in there, sacking him at least once, maybe twice. This told Tulsa that Meager can't throw long due to his shoulder. 35 yards seems to be his range and Quinn has yet to have a ball thrown in front of him. He's had to stop on every long throw so far. Due to this, we currently cannot stretch a defense to open the running lanes. Our coaches are in a pickle right now on offense and I'm not sure what else they can do to change it.

All a defense has to do is stuff the run, and we're done. MTSU did the same thing last week on defense. Luckily for us, Quinn had better timing on his jump on that one rainbow to the 1 yard line last week.

Get ready and get used to it, this is only the beginning.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick