A message from the great Scott Davis

Harry

Hey Everyone,

At the Letterman's Golf Tournament last year, a raffle was held, and one of the prizes was a trip for two with the team to any away game. I, Scott Davis, won the trip and asked my seven year old son Kevin to go with me. We decided to attend the UNT Middle Tennessee game. I want to share this incredibly fun experience with the Lettermen.

First, we flew a charter out of Love Field that landed in Nashville, where we loaded on buses and drove to the hotel, arriving about 6:00 P.M.. At this point we were invited by Coach Dickey to attend practice and ride on the bus with the team. Needless to say, my son and I were very excited about this opportunity. The field that the team practiced on was in very poor condition, so Coach Dickey had them stretch. Afterwards, they hung around for a few minutes, and the players were polite and friendly to us. My son was extremely wide-eyed about being around them. Coach Dickey must have noticed, and he was kind enough to allow us to participate in many of the things the players had scheduled. We got to go to a team meal, team snack time, practice, and Coach Dickey even gave us sideline passes, as well as tickets in the Athletic Director's press box! We went back and forth throughout the game, with most of it spent on the sideline around the team. The game was exciting, and North Texas fought very hard to beat a good team. Kevin and I got to throw the ball around on the field both before and after the game. Then we loaded back on buses, drove straight to the airport, and arrived back in Dallas about 1:45 am.

It was one of those rare experiences that could not have gone any better. Every aspect of the experience was first class; the coaches, players, and administration were nothing short of fantastic! This experience has helped me realize what a great job everyone is doing in our university's athletic program. We should all be proud to be part of the University of North Texas Athletic Department.

Just wanted to let everyone know!

Hope to see you all at a game this year!

Scott Davis

(North Texas Football 1986-1990)

Scott wrote this for the Lettermen Association and asked that I send it to all those Lettermen who we have emails addresses for. The response was so good that I got his permission to post it on this board as well as the main athletic website. It will be posted there under the lettermen section tomorrow.