QB Competition?

BIG DAWG

Is there not a competition for QB anymore?

From everything I have heard, and especially the DD press conference, it sounds like Meager is the guy at QB.

He said he wanted to get the other guys some time, in case something happened, but kind of hinted that they would only play if the opportunity presented itself.

Seems to me like that means blow out one way or the other. Close game slook to be Meager's as long as he stays healthy.

This is good if it is the case. I HATE platooning QB's. It is not good for anyone.

Thoughts?

Is there not a competition for QB anymore? 

From everything I have heard, and especially the DD press conference, it sounds like Meager is the guy at QB.

He said he wanted to get the other guys some time, in case something happened, but kind of hinted that they would only play if the opportunity presented itself.

Seems to me like that means blow out one way or the other.  Close game slook to be Meager's as long as he stays healthy.

This is good if it is the case.  I HATE platooning QB's.  It is not good for anyone.

Thoughts?

I really liked Phillips during August. But I am completly behind Meager getting the start here. With his 1 year in the system it probably is better for him to be in. HOWEVER, we had best get Phillips some time in when we can. You are probably right in that that probably means a blowout. I just don't want us to ever have the problem we had this season again (with no QB's with experience)

This is Danny Meager's team to lead. I can't help but think had he moved his aim two feet to the right, hitting Davidson in stride last saturday night for six what the offense would have been able to do afterwards due to the Blue Raider defense backing off a bit.

My question is will Chad Rose face another Nose Tackle as quick as Littlejohn? I think having Lineberry playing next to him helps a great deal.

Rick

I think Phillips will get some game time, it was just never a good time to change during the Muts game. I like Meager's composure but I'm still concerned about his shoulder, ankle, and other dings, and long ball acuracy. By the Troy game we'll know more about who we have and what they can do.