ATTn Lurkers wanting to join the message board

Harry

We have close to 20 new people who have registered to be members on the board. Before they are allowed to receive membership <b>we send them an email that asks them to click on it to verify their email address and activate their account</b>. This is a shame because it means these people are in limbo and can't post on GMG.com.

If you have registered for this message board and still do not have access -

<b>please check your email box for our validation email and click the validation link! </b>I recognize some of the names of these emails as our good fans and players of parents and we want you in the fold!</b>

Also if you are a newcomer please make a point to come over and say hello to us at the Greenbackers Tent this Saturday before the Tulsa Game!

GMG!

When everyone registers they should get a message that says:

The board administrator has chosen to require validation for all email addresses. Within the next 10 minutes (usually instantly) you'll receive an email with instructions on the next step.

You must go to that email and click on the link provided in order to complete registration.

Guest JohnDenver

That kinda sucks that people have to have an email account that they pay for to be a member...  Glad I did it when I did...  But anyways, what if they had a unt email address...  Would that work?

Technically, they pay for a UNT address. wink.gif

That kinda sucks that people have to have an email account that they pay for to be a member...  Glad I did it when I did...  But anyways, what if they had a unt email address...  Would that work?

It's about accountabilty. We need to be able to track people down to a solid ID.

Unless you want to go back to the days when some anonymous jerk would register with a fake email and then post "Coach So-and-So is a N****A" 300 times on the board. mad.gif

A UNT email address would work great. Thier euid is a very solid ID.