***North Texas Football Players***

ADLER

Please make sure that your parents and family members know that they are invited to join us at the GREENBACKERS Tailgate Party and pregame festivities in the Tailgate Area.

Several of the player's parents have been tailgating with us for years, and the Greenbacker's Tailgate Parties give the players parents a chance to meet each other and visit for a while before the game.

We will be serving BBQ Brisket for this week's game and it's of course free to all our guests.

They'll have fun. I GUARANTEE IT, or else ya'll can throw Harry in the ice pond. biggrin.gif

Adler's right - this is an awesome opportunity for the Greenbackers to reach out to the players parents and Mean Green Fans in general. Get there early and get ready for some of the tastiest barbeque in Texas! Also make sure and participate when Coach Dickey and the players walk to the stadium - it is really a cool tradition.

Please make sure that your parents and family members know that they are invited to join us at the GREENBACKERS Tailgate Party and pregame festivities in the Tailgate Area.

Several of the player's parents have been tailgating with us for years, and the Greenbacker's Tailgate Parties give the players parents a chance to meet each other and visit for a while before the game.

We will be serving BBQ Brisket for this week's game and it's of course free to all our guests.

They'll have fun. I GUARANTEE IT, or else ya'll can throw Harry in the ice pond. biggrin.gif

What about the player's life long friends' parents? My parents have become huge fans of North Texas every since Pat started playing there.

SportsUSA at Grapevine Mills

Not so fast. I was there on Friday and they had no chairs with North Texas on them. What they did have was a North Texas throw blanket, a pen, and a flag. And the other store, Ben and Jerry's or whatever it's called, has NOTHING with North Texas on it. Both stores told me "we sell out of everything we get with North Texas on it."

I remember seeing some cool chairs like that last year but they had North Texas on them. Where oh where can I find one of those???

The Athletic Department was selling some, and Voertman's was also selling similar ones.

There are also some available online at North Texas Adult Chair by LogoChair at GuyBuys.com. They sell for $29.95 each.

My personal preference is the Target or Wal Mart T-Mac brand chairs for around $8. Sure their not as cool as those logo chairs, but you don't need to worry about them disappearing from the tailgate area during the game. In the minute chance that they're taken, you lost a cheap chair that you've already gotten some use from.

A special Thank You to the parents of Quarterback Daniel Meager and Offensive Lineman Chad Rose who each contributed $50.00 toward this week's tailgate party.

Player's, please make sure that your parents know they are welcome to be included in all GREENBACKER Tailgate activities.

There is never any charge, there aren't any fees, and we do not solicit contributions. We try to provide the party so everyone can have a great time and be included in the activities.