Middle TN Drew Almost 21,000 vs NORTH TEXAS

PlummMeanGreen

I think it essential (especially with the Mean Green having the 3'rd youngest team in the NCAA) that NORTH TEXAS fans come out of the woodwork this Saturday for our game vs the Tulsa U Golden Hurricane.

<>*<> In recent years, we've had crowds of 29,000 and a gnat's whisker within 30,000 for home openers at Fouts Field. We've all commented how much nicer Fouts Field is as a venue when most of its seat are filled with fans wearing the green and white.

This young Mean Green football team (and its veterans) need to witness a literal Sea of Green clad fans when they come thru the tunnel in our game vs Tulsa U this Saturday night. Will we as fans/alums come through for the 4 times SBC football champions? I know most of you reading this will do your part (and more).

Some call it becoming the "12'th Man" with the home stadium crowd literally becoming part of the football game. ** Many of us experienced that when our fans became the 12'th Man when we hosted the NMSU Aggies at Fouts Field 3 years ago.

As I periodically watch highlights of the 2002 NT/NMSU game it is still the Fouts Field crowd participation and the unified noise we all created that still impresses me the most (and all that for sure impressed our Mean Green football players who fed off of that kind of fan support and noise). Of course, the play on the field that afternoon was lights out! smile.gif

unsure.gif I hope the 2005 Mean Green football season is the one we start seeing all the newcomers/new citizens of Denton and Denton County, ie, potential new fans/new faces jump on the Mean Green football bandwagon.

As many of you on this board have attested by your own testimonials after you showed for your first NT football game, once these newcomers show for their first Game Day at Fouts Field I feel we will all be able to say:

We Got Them (and they'll be coming back)!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I think we will easily top 21,000. It always looks like there is a big crowd there for the home opener. But maybe I see the crowd through beer goggles.  biggrin.gif

With all the national publicity we've received in recent weeks, with a 1 & 0 televised start (which are rare in recent years), with the Back-To-Back Mean Green RB's duo press box promo (which according to Hank D. on the DD Show last night) now has "90,000" driving by it daily blink.gif and with Tulsa U bringing (probably) 2K or more Golden Hurricane fans, "IF" we don't draw over 21K, mrsgreengoblin, I may have to put on some beer goggles of my own. unsure.gif

Yet like Emmitt posted, who really knows what we draw, but if somehow NT's promotions and marketing department has been able to garnish the attention of the many Denton County newcomers and citizens, I think we have a crowd we will all be proud of. NT Athletics probably already has some guage to the crowd with pre-season sales for this home opener.

I do know whoever shows at Fouts Field will get to watch what will probably turn out to be a pretty good college football game. We do have an interesting team we all get to watch develop in the next few weeks. With their youth, they amazed this alum with a win over the MUTS the other night and that when it looked like the deck was completely stacked against our team. smile.gif

GMG!

PS: One of you posted weeks ago how it would be nice if Talons (or some student volunteers) would man the NT athletic golf carts driving all over campus thoughout the week, throwing out free NT T-shirts, schedule posters or whatever. I thought that was a pretty good idea to which ever one of you brought it up on GMG.com.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen