After watching the video again

Harry

DE - not a bad game but man they have to make a decision. I saw several times where there was indecision against the option play. Our defensive ends would try to read the play instead of punish the QB and allowed the QB to make a clean pitch. I got news for you at this level you rarely can catch a running back with a full head of steam to the wide side of the field. There were several plays where they should have rocked a small Marks and they did not do it. I expect Russell will correct that problem against Tulsa.

DL Stunts - since we're a little smaller and faster up front the stunts really worked well at times. Having good linebacker play helps because line stunts can leave you open for big plays. Man Chris Miller looks like a different player he looked really mobile and active putting a lot of pressure on the QB's - hope he can keep it going against Tulsa.

OL - we had a lot of oline errors and missed assignments against MTSU. It was their first game I think they can play a lot better. Brown has ability and let me tell you, if he can step up and be the player he has the potential to be with May alongside him on the weakside our running game could be awesome.

Branch - Wow, Jamel is an amazing corner! He made some wild plays and he plays much bigger than his size.

Covington - Has NFL ability.

Special Teams coverage was awesome. Really need to keep this going against Tulsa because Davis will kill you if you let him. He played like crap against Minny and was held out of OU so he will be very hungry against UNT.

We gotta get better in the Oline and front four. Tulsa has some talented linemen and we need to win those battles to win this game.

OL - we had a lot of oline errors and missed assignments against MTSU.  It was their first game I think they can play a lot better.  Brown has ability and let me tell you, if he can step up and be the player he has the potential to be with May alongside him on the weakside our running game could be awesome.

Some things I noticed with the O-Line were similar to what you mentioned with the D-Line - indecision. After missing assignments, it was like they took themselves out of the play thinking about what to do. A lot of times this would leave TWO guys unblocked, the player that got by them and one that wasn't assigned. This stuff should work itself out in time.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

There were several times I saw an unblocked defender appear in the middle of an otherwise open space in the middle of the line, stopping the run, and I found myself saying 'Somebody's supposed to block that guy!' I figure that is one reason why this game is such a great learning opportunity and this sort of thing will be corrected.

I was worried about punting and coverage. That is an area that can just kill you, but that job got done really well.

Really encouraging and impressive start, in a tough situation. Overall we looked well prepared and the players had enough focus and intensity to win. Great effort after the catch by Holman. I kept hoping the D would step up and get some points and they delivered! I'm so excited about it I can't think about much else. Okay well Fanof49ASU's picture of the dancers is helping. Thanks for the extra resolution on that one.