Maurice is awesome!

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I'm never too quick to get back to the computer after traveling to a game. But Maurice Holman was pretty quick getting to the end zone after he intercepted that pass and got that game headed in the right direction. That was so funny seeing Eugene Gross trying to catch him. He would get close and then go away and then come back again waving his arms and then go away again and then he was back again but he never could quite get Maurice. What a fantastic play!

What an encouraging win. Sure there is room for improvement, but the stuff that I saw going wrong for the most part looked like things the players and coaches can effectively address.

I saw a lot of excellent tackling. So many times I see teams screw up on this fundamental, but there was some good preparation and focus at work here.

Very sad news about MT WR Chris Henry. I want MT's program to have success (except against us), and that is a very good player to lose.

On our side though, what a great play by Old Faithful #81 out-muscling the defenders for the catch down by the goal line.

We got over there at the last minute becuase of the karate tournament, but it was really worth the trip. Thanks a lot to the Mean Green for a great experience, and congratulations on a great start to the season!

GO DANIEL!

I think the announcers had one thing absolutely right... MTSU went in trying to avoid a loss and fearing they would lose... UNT went in hoping to win and expecting to win.

I have seen that a lot. I went to a HS that won state 7 times and my hometown almost always had a hopes to win and expects to win attitude while it was obvious that our opponent often had the opposite view. It is really noticable in the final quarter when the game is on the line.... They usually screw-up and we got more determined. You can usually guess the winner at this point with how they walk around and act..... with confidence or frustration.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66