Is UNT Too Powerful For The Sun Belt ?

MeanGreen61

"I say throw them in the SEC and see how lucky they get in that conference"

This comment was intelligent. Why would someone say that? I don't get it.

Is he implying that if we were in a better conf. our "luck" (really want, will, and talent of our players" against his team would run out?

Here's my comment,

I say throw them in the SEC and see the "unforced" fumble column quadruple

No, we're not too powerful for the SBC. We saw that last night. We saw that our team is good enough to dominate the SBC, but not walk in to the SEC and have a good chance of a winning season. It's not so much the player skill, but the recruiting power that NT is still in the progress of grabbing. Thanks to great publicity, the recruiting power of NT is getting better, but not at the goal I'm sure Dickey and RV want.

We have a good team- we saw that the new guys really have the ability to rip up the field. The D really impressed me; with what's almost an all-new D that had little rest between drives, they still held the MTSU O to just 7 points. No UNT D has held a MTSU Offense to that score since I've been here. So think of it like this- the D bent at times when it's broken in the past. The Offense really had it tough. MTSU fought against Bama and already had that tough game under their belt when we came to their house against Littlejohn and the MTSU LB corps. Our inexperienced QB and new members of the OL performed well under those conditions.

If we would have won all 4 NO's Bowls I might tend to think we have outgrown the Sun Belt, but we have room for improvement and even in the SBC.

I have to watch the replay of the game to make sure we (in deed) won this game the way it was going most of the night. We maintained our "bend but not break" defense which we had even with more expeienced players.

One of the weirdest games I've seen us play and still win. I've been hacked most of the summer because this young team would have to play an SBC game the first part of the season because it didn't take a rocket scientist to see that this team would need time to develop (and it still does).

We lost one major DL talent to grades and another DL with great potential to Texas heat thus far (and who is still in recovery state), so what makes this even more remarkable is how with all we had against us last night---WE STILL WON THE GAME!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Guest UNTMike81*

Put us in either conference SEC or Big XII and we become a powerhouse over time. Just think a new stadium and the recruiting power of either conference and the press coverage we deserve in the Metroplex!!! Wish it was more than a dream or thread on a message board.

I would be the best thing that ever happened NT athletic's or the school for that matter.

It's troubling to hear that UNT would be considered too powerful for the Sun Belt. Look at how we have fared out of conference. It doesn't say much for the SBC when fans from other teams feel that it's time for us to go. I'm thrilled with the streak and all of the NO appearances, but I certainly do not feel that we have a powerful team yet. Still, I understand the frustration of seeing another team win year after year - I mean, I'm a Red Sox fan, I've been there too. laugh.gif