Meager

greensteve

Watching last nights game for the second time now...I focused on Meager...his presence, control, command of the offense.

I was impressed...I know there were questions about how would he respond to the speed of a live game. I would say he responded very well. I think he did a very good job, not great but good, managing the offense. He started a little slow, getting the delay of game, but I think he settled down. I look forward to watching Daniel's confidence grow thoroughout this year, I think last night did a world of good for him.

If someone told me at the end of the game our QB would be 10-15 for 122 yds...I would have taken it before the first snap...Kinda of looks like a Scotty Hall line. I'm not comparing him so please dont dog pile...just looks similar.

I know he made some bad throws, almost had one picked off...but bad throws and almosts dont show up in the box score. Again, he wasnt great, but he was good, after all he is a redshrt-freshman.

Edited by greensteve

Watching last nights game for the second time now...I focused on Meager...his presence, control, command of the offense.

I was impressed...I know there were questions about how would he respond to the speed of a live game.  I would say he responded very well.  I think he did a very good job, not great but good, managing the offense.  He started a little slow, getting the delay of game, but I think he settled down.  I look forward to watching Daniel's confidence grow thoroughout this year, I think last night did a world of good for him.

If someone told me at the end of the game our QB would be 10-15 for 122 yds...I would have taken it before the first snap...Kinda of looks like a Scotty Hall line.  I'm not comparing him so please dont dog pile...just looks similar.

I know he made some bad throws, almost had one picked off...but bad throws and almosts dont show up in the box score.  Again, he wasnt great, but he was good, after all he is a redshrt-freshman.

Agree, not a bad night for a first game. I think we'll see him get better with experience, as in the 25-second clock, he didn't make that mistake again. I am still concerned with his health, he seemed to sprain an ankle later in the game and they re-taped it, and the announcers mentioned his shoulder too.

I thought he performed well for his first game. Some of his passes lacked zip and he underthrew his receivers several times. Did he have surgery on his throwing shoulder?

I don't think so but I remember in spring practice Bylerly became the #1 guy when Meager sat out with a sore shoulder.

Yes, he did have surgery in the spring. Nothing major is what I heard though.

He will played well, like a young freshman.

The key is that he didn't make mistakes, game changing ones that is.

That was HUGE for his confidence, and for his teammates to see.

The win in that situation and the line he put up during the game will go a long way.

Playing a little hurt will also go a long way with himself and the players.

My understanding is that he tore his rotator cuff on his throwing arm. That's a pretty serious injury for a QB, as it directly translates to the throwing motion, and it is painful for him unless his delivery is perfect. He underwent surgery and started throwing late in the summer.

Also, some neat numbers in the MGR about this.

Edited by illuvius32