TU Gave OU Fits Today-We Have a Young Team-Can We

PlummMeanGreen

I love to replay from time to time the 2002 NT CHAMPIONS highlights DVD of that bowl winning season and mostly just to listen to the 23,000 NT fans come together as one very large and unified pep squad when we hosted the NMSU Aggies that Fall. IMO, that NT home crowd was louder than the almost 30,000 we had for the NT/Baylor game 2 years ago.

Yet the collective noise our Mean Green fans made for a most unique afternoon back in the Fall of 2002 that many of us will not soon forget. You can just tell by watching this DVD how the NT crowd noise had our football team so pumped, so fired up and they responded to it. Higher decibal levels in the stadium just seems to increase the adrenalin level of a football player and if you have played Texas UIL organized sports, you would know that to be a fact.

The Tulsa U Golden Hurricane are coming to Denton this Saturday (9/17) with many of their fans/alums from the DFW area and Oklahoma and they are thinking that they not only should beat us, but that they will beat us. So...........will we as NT students, fans and alums have a very loud and vocal response to our Okie' friends? Can we be this young Mean Green football team's 12'th man in this upcoming battle at Fouts this Saturday? Your thoughts (and ideas)? smile.gif

i'll defiantely be there, and am really excited about startin the season against a regional rival, i love it so much, last year sucked when we played florida atlantic that was a blunder of scheduling faults.

im bringing all of my friends to this game and so should everyone else, all of my froends go to UNT so i mean its easy, but bring coworkers, family, and friends, we need to be 2-0 to start of the season

i'll defiantely be there, and am really excited about startin the season against a regional rival, i love it so much, last year sucked when we played florida atlantic that was a blunder of scheduling faults.

im bringing all of my friends to this game and so should everyone else, all of my froends go to UNT so i mean its easy, but bring coworkers, family, and friends, we need to be 2-0 to start of the season

I hope to be responsible for 5 newbies showing up if all works out. We grow with new fans/new faces, folks.

Love each and everyone of you of the MG Nation, but I want to see new faces at Fouts than just yours (and I bet you'd say the same about my mug, too)! biggrin.gif

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

** As suggested by one of you earlier last week, why not honor the Katrina displaced Americans staying at Camp Copass Baptist Encampment just outside Denton? They need to see that we all care en ma$$ IMO and they would probably have one heckuva' good time at our tailgating for both adults and for their kids in the tailgate playground area just for the kids. I would think this group may be running out of things to do at Camp Copass as it is. Any ideas how we can possibly make this happen?