Game Stats from Yahoo

MeanGreen61

Guest JohnDenver

According to the box score there were 20,800 in attendance.  Looked like less on

TV.  What about in person?

I guessed about 20k ... on the radio on the way to the hotel they said 20,800. It was accurate. The alumni side is TALL. Camera wouldn't show that accurately.

Interesting stat ... penalty yards ... 6 for 35 yds ... which means we had no personal fouls and only one 10-yd penalty (I think it was a holding call on a punt return ... 1 qtr). Pretty impressive considering how many veterans were on the field and this was our first game of the season.

Plus, if I remember correctly, we never gave up a deep pass and very few medium yardage passes to Middle Tennessee. Very good

Interesting stat ... penalty yards ... 6 for 35 yds ... which means we had no personal fouls and only one 10-yd penalty (I think it was a holding call on a punt return ... 1 qtr).  Pretty impressive considering how many veterans were on the field and this was our first game of the season.

Plus, if I remember correctly, we never gave up a deep pass and very few medium yardage passes to Middle Tennessee.  Very good

Nice observation. It's fun to think how good this team can be, not just through this season but through the next two. We are so young right now, that many of these players will be starting together for several seasons.

Kinda scary to think what a good coach *cough*DICKEY*cough* can groom this team to be.

-gm