Homecoming on Nov. 19th

MootPoint

ph34r.gif

UNT's 2005 Homecoming -- "North Texas Hold 'Em, Play to Win" -- has been rescheduled to Nov. 18 & 19 (Friday and Saturday).

In the Nov. 19 Homecoming football game, the Mean Green will play the University of Louisiana at Monroe.

UNT has moved Homecoming to accommodate the rescheduling of the LSU football game to Oct. 29 (the university's original 2005 Homecoming date).

The Mean Green's Sept. 3 game with LSU was postponed when Baton Rouge became a staging area for Hurricane Katrina relief and recovery efforts.

ph34r.gif

UNT's 2005 Homecoming -- "North Texas Hold 'Em, Play to Win" -- has been rescheduled to Nov. 18 & 19 (Friday and Saturday).

In the Nov. 19 Homecoming football game, the Mean Green will play the University of Louisiana at Monroe.

UNT has moved Homecoming to accommodate the rescheduling of the LSU football game to Oct. 29 (the university's original 2005 Homecoming date).

The Mean Green's Sept. 3 game with LSU was postponed when Baton Rouge became a staging area for Hurricane Katrina relief and recovery efforts.

I know you work on campus, I got the same email.

We should've moved it to the 5th but maybe there are reasons we didn't.

I think Moot Point hit it right on the nose. There will not be a hotel room available anywhere close to Denton on November 5th. Folks who might want to come from any distance would have no chance of finding a room on Nov 5th. November 19th is a bit late, but it was a better choice than November 5th,

I think Moot Point hit it right on the nose.  There will not be a hotel room available anywhere close to Denton on November 5th.  Folks who might want to come from any distance would have no chance of finding a room on Nov 5th.    November 19th is a bit late, but it was a better choice than November 5th,

Plus, we wouldn't want to deprive ULM of being our homecoming fodder! cool.gif

I think Moot Point hit it right on the nose.  There will not be a hotel room available anywhere close to Denton on November 5th.  Folks who might want to come from any distance would have no chance of finding a room on Nov 5th.    November 19th is a bit late, but it was a better choice than November 5th,

Huff, 11/19 was (regrettably) the only choice we had to schedule H/C.

Could we have snow at Homecoming 2005 for the first time in NT's H/C history?

SNOW? blink.gif Because back on November 13, 1976, when Coach Bobby Bowden brought his Florida State Seminoles to Denton and the NT campus, many of us who were at Fouts Field that day can vouch to all present NT students and all our Young Gun alums that we (indeed) on that 2'nd Saturday of November in that year had----S-N-O-W ! smile.gif

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Huff, 11/19 was (regrettably) the only choice we had to schedule H/C.

Could we have snow at Homecoming 2005 for the first time in NT's H/C history? 

SNOW? blink.gif  Because back on November 13, 1976, when Coach Bobby Bowden brought his Florida State Seminoles to Denton and the NT campus, many of us who were at Fouts Field that day can vouch to all present NT students and all our Young Gun alums that we (indeed) on that 2'nd Saturday of November in that year had----S-N-O-W !  smile.gif

GMG!

well, now that would make for an interesting game!

I don't understand why homecoming wasn't rescheduled for the by-week. Isn't that Oct. 1 or something? Homecoming in the middle of Nov. sounds like a joke. That isn't homecoming at all. It'll probably be freezing....never good for tailgating. I hate going to games and freezing my butt off.

The last two years have been amazing homecoming afternoons. Beautiful clear Oct. skies, good times tailgating in the hot sun and fun reunions during the game and after. Not sure how many people will get the word it's been moved so who knows about the reunion part this year.

But on the up side, atleast we were able to get that one game in.

I don't understand why homecoming wasn't rescheduled for the by-week. Isn't that Oct. 1 or something? Homecoming in the middle of Nov. sounds like a joke. That isn't homecoming at all. It'll probably be freezing....never good for tailgating. I hate going to games and freezing my butt off.

The last two years have been amazing homecoming afternoons. Beautiful clear Oct. skies, good times tailgating in the hot sun and fun reunions during the game and after. Not sure how many people will get the word it's been moved so who knows about the reunion part this year.

But on the up side, atleast we were able to get that one game in.

Of course, the kind of weather we "might" get on Nov. 19'th is what the Big 10 is used to at least half of their football seasons.

Yet it's Texas, we may very well have one of those Indian summer type days of blue skies and 60 degrees on Nov. 19'th. We should all keep our fingers crossed, though.

I cannot ever remember a Mean Green football schedule (home and away) that has materialized such as this one. blink.gif

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen