Donate Tickets to home opener

GreenBat

Spoke with Gabe Kirkpatrick at the UNT ticket office (1-800-UNT-2366 or 940-565-2527) and asked if they were doing any reduced price or free tickets for hurricane victims to the home opener. He said it was going to be discussed next week when they return from MTSU. I said put me down for 2 tickets to be donated to the cause. If we have enough people call and donate tickets, it takes it out of the bureaucrats hands and just makes tickets available to give hurricane victims a good time and a chance to get away from thinking about what is going on.

Give Gabe a call (1-800-UNT-2366 or 940-565-2527) and lets get this going.

just called - got about the same thing. They'll discuss when they get back in town, so it wouldn't be official until early next week. That's not a whole lot of time to get many tickets bought unless they're just going to donate them. I hope they decide to do this.

Maybe they could give out some cheap north Texas T-shirts as well?

GMG!!!

Edited by Mad Hatter

Guest JohnDenver

Is there a means for many of them to get to the game?  It's great to donate tickets, but many staying in shelters in the area do not have cars.

And Denton (from what I hear) didn't pony up and give them a shelter to stay in ... so no one is local.

This is not true!!! Denton has a number of Red Cross shelters, but The Red Cross has not contacted the city about using them. If they are contcted the facilities will be opened up to hold evacuees.

Whether it is accurate or not the Radio News Station said Denton had no room, so yes there may be Red Cross shelters, but if a city says no, then really is no point in asking I would assume unsure.gif

I have no problem donating tickets, as a matter of fact I would love to, but who is going to collect and take the tickets to those who want to attend. We had a problem 2 years ago when many on this board (including me) bought a lot of tickets for underprivilege youth in Denton and they were never delivered. I forgot who organized that, but I remember people on this board blasting away at the administration. I just want to assure this is organized to happen the right way!