Today was supposed to be the dropdead...

kj86

interesting that the LAMonroe people don't want to cooperate. I hope we beat them by 90.

Almost 5:00 AM/Friday: Sleeping disorder at work here. blink.gif

I think we are finding out that the colleges in northern Louisiana are a helluva' different with their modes of thinking than the ones in the south and southwest part of the Sportsman State. It just must be in the drinking water of NE Louisiana or something. ohmy.gif Even what one might think is a class act with a displaced football team apparently has subtle little hidden agendas tied to that.

For instance, we have one of those northeastern Louisiana-based schools very graciously housing the Tulane football team, but you have several of their very own alums/fans on La Tech's Bulldogs, Barks and Bytes touting even that as more a golden opportunity for them to get Tulanes's vote for a possible future CUSA membership (never-minding the Tulane football players who just got displaced 5 hours away from their campus home which has been mostly under water for over a week now. mad.gif

Would NT dip so low? No, I don't think our NT officials are capable of dipping that far below sea level to do such. To me what some of the La Tech elect are saying with their new "Green Wave opportunity" is tantamount to one being at the cemetary laying their last living parent to rest and then asking the family attorney walking out of the cemetary to go back to their car: "Now about the family will, counsel, just how much am I getting out of all this anyway!?!?!" ph34r.gif

THEN YOU HAVE YET ANOTHER NE LOUISIANA-BASED SCHOOL...........Remember last year ULM Coach Weatherby making those unsavory and uncalled for comments about our own Super Jamaraio Thomas? He wondered (can you say green with envy) why JT would even sign to play football with NT in the first place while at the same time pouting: "NORTH TEXAS just isn't all that good a football team, anyway" (this after we just kicked his football team's butt, of course). rolleyes.gif Well, Coach "W" we aint't Top 25 yet, but we be better than your school from top to bottom. Mark that!

I say we lay the wood to the ULM Indians when they come to Denton because I think they have just cost our school $500,000 with their "small time" little non-cooperative backwater school attitude. PLUS.......I hope LSU athletic officials AND LSU-educated legislators down in their statehouse in Baton Rouge don't soon forget that ULM even cost them $4,000,000 by not cooperating with their football schedule (which just happened to have NT on it) which was altered by the worst natural disaster since the great Galveston storm at the turn of last century. Dammit, this pisses me off! And if ULM did coooperate? So what if they have 2 weeks of open dates, maybe their team could use that more than any other school in the SBC. dry.gif

Who voted for this known outlaw school to be in the SBC in the first place? "See ya' later" McNeese State would have been a better choice IMO if it had to be a school from Louisiana anyway.

To NT officials and the NT Board of Regents: Take note of what this ULM group is doing and remind them of it some day in the future when they need an ally or cooperation for a schedule change. cool.gif To LSU officials: Please do the same.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Almost 5:00 AM/Friday: Sleeping disorder at work here. blink.gif

I think we are finding out that the colleges in northern Louisiana are a helluva' different with their modes of thinking than the ones in the south and southwest part of the Sportsman State.  It just must be in the drinking water of NE Louisiana or something. ohmy.gif  Even what one might think is a  class act with a displaced football team apparently has subtle little hidden agendas tied to that.

For instance, we have one of those northeastern Louisiana-based schools very graciously housing the Tulane football team, but you have several of their very own alums/fans on La Tech's Bulldogs, Barks and Bytes touting even that as more a golden opportunity for them to get Tulanes's vote for a possible future CUSA membership (never-minding the Tulane football players who just got displaced 5 hours away from their campus home which has been mostly under water for over a week now. mad.gif 

Would NT dip so low?  No, I don't think our NT officials are capable of dipping that far below sea level to do such.  To me what some of the La Tech elect are saying with their new "Green Wave opportunity" is tantamount to one being at the cemetary laying their last living parent to rest and then asking the family attorney walking out of the cemetary to go back to their car:  "Now about the family will, counsel, just how much am I getting out of all this anyway!?!?!" ph34r.gif 

THEN YOU HAVE YET ANOTHER NE LOUISIANA-BASED SCHOOL...........Remember last year ULM Coach Weatherby making those unsavory and uncalled for comments about our own Super Jamaraio Thomas?  He wondered (can you say green with envy) why JT would even sign to play football with NT in the first place while at the same time pouting: "NORTH TEXAS just isn't all that good a football team, anyway" (this after we just kicked his football team's butt, of course). rolleyes.gif  Well, Coach "W" we aint't Top 25 yet, but we be better than your school from top to bottom.  Mark that!

I say we lay the wood to the ULM Indians when they come to Denton because I think they have just cost our school $500,000 with their "small time" little non-cooperative backwater school attitude.  PLUS.......I hope LSU athletic officials AND LSU-educated legislators down in their statehouse in Baton Rouge don't soon forget that ULM even cost them $4,000,000 by not cooperating with their football schedule (which just happened to have NT on it) which was altered by the worst natural disaster since the great Galveston storm at the turn of last century. Dammit, this pisses me off!  And if ULM did coooperate?  So what if they have 2 weeks of open dates, maybe their team could use that more than any other school in the SBC. dry.gif 

Who voted for this known outlaw school to be in the SBC in the first place?  "See ya' later" McNeese State would have been a better choice IMO if it had to be a school from Louisiana anyway. 

To NT officials and the NT Board of Regents:  Take note of what this ULM group is doing and remind them of it some day in the future when they need an ally or cooperation for a schedule change. cool.gif  To LSU officials:  Please do the same.

GMG!

i vote for plumm to be in the locker room firing up the team before the ULM game! and i think it would help if he'd gotten no sleep the night before.

DMN this morning quotes RV as saying a final resolution is forthcoming this morning (Friday).

I still feel about ULM like former Chancelor "Dr." Alfred Frances Hurley did and that is hardly any positive feelings at all. I will be interested to see how much ULM benefit$ from this schedule change if they are playing a part of this change at all.