Article from the Daily News Journal

BobFam

"McCollum tries to downplay the home opener Saturday at Floyd Stadium as just another league game, which is tantamount to saying Angelina Jolie is just another girl. This game is quite important on a variety of levels and for a many a reason. Saying otherwise just doesn't fly". rolleyes.gif

"I think everybody else is making it bigger than it is," McCollum says. "I don't have to. Everybody else does that. This is our next game, and it is big because it is our home opener and it is North Texas and because you're playing a team nobody in this conference has beaten, including us."

And that makes North Texas the man. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Edited by MeanGreen61

Question is will Andy McCollum have a job after we win on Saturday?

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

The reporter also said "there hasn't really been a reason to go to Floyd Stadium lately" and as Mean Greener I strongly disagree with that quote from the Tennessee sports reporter.

There "IS" a reason for SBC fans to always show up at "THEIR" teams stadiums because it is "THEIR" team who is playing. Non BCS, mid-majors or whatever they call us now need to one day (soon) get out of this mode of "we will support the home team if they have a win or 2 under their belt or they are playing somebody we know." That mode of thinking in many ways is what separates most of the BCS from the non BCS if you think about it.

In Mean Green Country, I hope our new generation of fans will be just like UT fans in Austin are when they sellout against ULaLa or us. Last weekend, the Horn's fans didn't sellout DKR Memorial Stadium because the Rajun Cajuns were in town but because it was "THEIR" Texas Longhorns football team who were in town.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen