Ex-Tulsa basketball player transfers to UNT

Cooley

Ex-Tulsa basketball player transfers to UNT

02:19 AM CDT on Thursday, September 8, 2005

By BRETT VITO / Denton Record-Chronicle

Seneca Collins, a former member of the Tulsa basketball team, has transferred to UNT and joined the football team. Collins started 17 games for Tulsa last season and averaged 7.5 points a game.

Coach Darrell Dickey said the school is trying to determine how many years of eligibility Collins will have at North Texas. Dickey is considering the former Duncanville standout at defensive end, tight end or defensive tackle.

UNT basketball coach Johnny Jones said he would talk to Collins about playing for the Mean Green if he was interested in continuing his basketball career and Dickey approved.

Never saw Collins play football but he would be a very nice addition to JJ's basketball team. Graduated from Duncanville HS in 2002 as a top area recruit

Guys I met him last Saturday at the Katrina event in Denton. Man he is a physical specimen. I pride myself on knowing who the players are and I didn't recognize him - but he's hard to miss because of his size. He is wearing #71. I would suggest he is more like 6-4, 250+ right now and very well built. Very nice young man, he shook my hand and said that they were looking at him at defensive end.