I can't believe noone is talkine about ULALA

Guest JohnDenver

Guest JohnDenver

Mixed feelings on this one.

1) Sour grapes. We got this treatment too. However, it is worse for THEM. They put in second team for second half. We had the first team the entire game -- going for it on fourth in the fourth.

2) I was sort of rooting for the Belt in all OOC games. Too too bad.

I would still trade for Babb anyday. He is a good QB.

Last year I went to the the Ragin Cajun game in LA-LA. I was so impressed with that CB named Adams from Dallas, that I kind of started second guessing our recruiting -- why didn't we get this guy? I don't even remember him being on the radar. He is a player. No doubt.

---Lafayette is rather much the same situation we were in last year excpt worse...... No doubt several of those players had grown up near New Orleans and lost their homes and perhaps have family still unaccounted for in the hurricane. Football was not the most important issue in their life today.

---The score was no surprise, unless UT called off the dogs it was going to be one-sided and they may have anyway. Monroe could have been in the same situation as well.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Guest Aquila_Viridis

The title of this thread threw me for a loop. Why would we talk? Our margin of defeat was even bigger last year. It's mind-boggling the level these programs like Texas and A&M have reached. I even mention A&M because I happened to see a picture of their field the other day, which I had not seen in a long time, and they have added some kind of monstrous end zone deck and then the side decks already looked like something out of a science fiction movie.

People on here wonder about why people don't show up in big numbers at NT games, and I have to think it's just because there are all these zillions of people that only go to the 'big-league' games. NT could do things that would help to build some kind of big-league connection in more people's minds. They have done some things, but there is a lot more to do.

Speaking of big league, though, that was quite a statement by little ol' TCU today.

Things have been really bad in Laffayette this week. The whole city is over-run with not only refugees from flooded New Orleans, but also with thousands that have left the ares north of Lake Pontchartrain that haven't had power restored. Their basketball arena, the Cajundome, is being used as an emergengy medical evacuation site for sick and injured people being brought from New Orleans.

People are dying. Football certainly hasn't been a priority this week.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

There could be all kinds of excuses for OU with a new QB, etc. but they have all the recruiting momentum and all those fans in that huge stadium and the gazillion dollar coaching staff, and TCU nonetheless went up there and hit em in the mouth. There's plenty of times I like to see TCU get stuffed but today I say good for them!

Things have been really bad in Laffayette this week. The whole city is over-run with not only refugees from flooded New Orleans, but also with thousands that have left the ares north of Lake Pontchartrain that haven't had power restored. Their basketball arena, the Cajundome, is being used as an emergengy medical evacuation site for sick and injured people being brought from New Orleans.

People are dying. Football certainly hasn't been a priority this week.

Yes. Several of the players last night have their families living with them in the dorms. Some just heard from parents and siblings 2 days ago. So far, thank God, I haven't heard of any player losing a family member.

Football was about 100th on the priority list this week in Lafayette.

That being said, we got smoked. The Coaching staff treated the game like a preseason game. Several Fr. and first year players got a lot of experience. The play book was not opened beyond page 2 probably.

2 of our top OL's didn't play while recovering from injuries, etc., etc.

We were no match physically. I'm just glad nobody got injured.