UNT Branding Exhibit

bobelok

they are ugly because they were hell bent on getting the U in there instead of just trying NT

No kidding.........man, that U can really make a good interlocking logo look like crap.

Disappointed with the plate.

I should mention that I do think they chose the best option out of the ones that they were willing to consider.

Contrary to popular belief, this is not true.  Find some other dead dog to kick.  Shouldn't we have beaten UT back in....

Green92 - had they taken a dump on a white piece of paper, would you have backed that too?

In all seriousness, the new font is fine - I have no complaints. Still a backer of using NT (instead of UNT). Just because have Mean Green blood running through my veins doesn't mean I have to be in total agreement with every decision made.

Green92 - had they taken a dump on a white piece of paper, would you have backed that too?

In all seriousness, the new font is fine - I have no complaints.  Still a backer of using NT (instead of UNT).  Just because have Mean Green blood running through my veins doesn't mean I have to be in total agreement with every decision made.

I agree with that completely. It just gets old sometimes seeing people whine and moan about things. I kind of like using NT over UNT also, but it doesn't make that big of a difference in the scheme of things. I have no feelings one way or the other on LJ or any of that mess. Blanket statements like "we could do better than that, or I could do better than that" are just dumb and easy to say. UNT is a huge organization with a huge number of people involved. There is no way to please everyone. Some people need to make there peace with it and move on.

Is it a green dump you refer to? laugh.gif

I agree with that completely.  It just gets old sometimes seeing people whine and moan about things.  I kind of like using NT over UNT also, but it doesn't make that big of a difference in the scheme of things.  I have no feelings one way or the other on LJ or any of that mess.  Blanket statements like "we could do better than that, or I could do better than that" are just dumb and easy to say.  UNT is a huge organization with a huge number of people involved.  There is no way to please everyone.  Some people need to make there peace with it and move on. 

Is it a green dump you refer to?  laugh.gif

We're talking newborn cattle kinda Green. biggrin.gif

.......yoUr

.....CouNty

............Team  blink.gif

TCU (to some extent) still uses "Your Home Team" as I've seen that slogan on some of their promo materials here in Fort Worth.

GMG!

Plumm - the only thing worse than that would be :

The Leading University of the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex.

Is the above North Texas license plate just a branding sample or is that how the new ones are going to look?  Anyone know?

GMG!

They had this on display with other items that were listed as official examples of items with the new branding, so it seems like this is what the new plates will look like.

i think we should all get over the fact that there will always be a "U" in our initials, and you know what; I like it (gasp). we are not NT we are the University of North Texas. i like the fact that the NT stuff we do is really inner campus community, that only students at UNT have. we can most definitely have UNT to the outside and NT to us students. i think the alumni need to get over this whole ordeal and stop complaining. there is seriously nothing anyone can do.

no, there won't be an interlocking NT on the 50 yard line; no, there won't be an NT on the license plate and no, we won't be just North Texas.

everyone will disagree, sure, but get over it... lets just all forget the petty and get out and donate together tomorrow whether UNT alumni, NT alumni or NT students.

deal?

i think we should all get over the fact that there will always be a "U" in our initials, and you know what; I like it (gasp). we are not NT we are the University of North Texas. i like the fact that the NT stuff we do is really inner campus community, that only students at UNT have. we can most definitely have UNT to the outside and NT to us students. i think the alumni need to get over this whole ordeal and stop complaining. there is seriously nothing anyone can do.

no, there won't be an interlocking NT on the 50 yard line; no, there won't be an NT on the license plate and no, we won't be just North Texas.

everyone will disagree, sure, but get over it... lets just all forget the petty and get out and donate together tomorrow whether UNT alumni, NT alumni or NT students.

deal?

I am more concerned why the Mean Green Club doesn't bring in at least $1,000,000 annually to NT Athletic's coffers than the "UNT" word.

You know, I've been in the education business with people who regularly talk about colleges and universities they have or might attend and when they say "UNT" they never flinch, giggle, elbow each other with a Sylvestor the Cat "ship-eating" grin or any more a different response than when they would say, ULaLa, USC, SMU or TCU. I think a few in our MG family (with genuine concern) have grabbed onto this and made it a smack board wind-driven Texas prairie fire that is really only one lit match. Just my .02 on that.

We are always going to be "UNT", ie, the University of North Texas and the sooner we all accept it the better. "WE" are not going to change that. "WE" of GMG.com have probably been more responsible for outsiders who have never one time been on our campus dissing Fouts than any other group and once some of our non-NT affiliated critics have actually attended a game at Fouts how many times have some of us heard: "It's just not as bad as you all have advertised on your message board." blink.gif

If the clientle in the sector of education I've worked for almost a quarter of a century heard from me (non-stop) tell of the potential cruel humor of a particular word some have connected with "UNT" I feel 99.9% of the non-NT clientele I work with would tell me: "You know, I never really ever thought of UNT in that light at all until you just brought it up." rolleyes.gif

meanjoe, to quote you with one addition:

Join the Mean Green Club...

Buy Season Tickets...

Support Katrina refugees...

These 3 things are the most important things happening in Mean Green Country right now, even moreso than our school's name or our new brandings.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

deal?

Well, if the "U" of Notre Dame can go by just ND to everyone in the world and Georgia Tech "U" go by GT and the "U" of North Carolina can have just "NC" on their helmets and "U" SC have just "SC" on their jersey collars and Texas A$M "U" have no "U" on their helmets and likewise Texas Tech, etc., etc., etc. then it's OK for "NT" to do it too! tongue.gif