Thursday evening TV games

NT80

The best time of year!  Let the games begin!!

This Thursday, Sept. 1 :

6:00 pm, ESPN-2, Oregon @ Houston

6:30 pm, ESPN, Central Florida @ South Carolina

9:15 pm, ESPN-2, Minnesota @ Tulsa

:D  :D  :D

CUSA did an excellent job getting some visibilty for it's programs. Those opening games against Big Ten, Pac Ten, and SEC foes will have lots of people watching.

The ESPN-2 kickoff times should have been switched to put Oregon on during west coast prime time, but other than that, outstanding.

Finally, College Football is back..It's about time!

Random note: Comcast will broadcast CSTV games (CUSA) on PPV. I guess that means good news and bad news for our frog friends. In case if ya'll didn't know, Comcast does not service the Ft Worth area but only the Dallas Metroplex area.

Any kind of diversion for the refugees to get their minds off their plights most of them would I'm sure welcome.

The Houston Coogs' host Oregon at Reliant which is walking distance from the Astrodome. I would hope UH officials would let as many of the refugees who would want to attend into that stadium and game free gratis. These are people who could use the 3 (or 4 hours since UH "passes the ball") of a good time because the last 3-4 days has not been a good time for any of them.

Any kind of diversion for the refugees to get their minds off their plights most of them would I'm sure welcome.

The Houston Coogs' host Oregon at Reliant which is walking distance from the Astrodome.  I would hope UH officials would let as many of the refugees who would want to attend into that stadium and game free gratis.  These are people who could use the 3 (or 4 hours since UH "passes the ball") of a good time because the last 3-4 days has not been a good time for any of them.

I doubt the refugees are in any mood for a football game, but UH does need the attendance, fans or not. dry.gif

Full list of College games today (ULM opens tonite):

Massachusetts vs. Richmond Game begins at 7:00 PM ET

E. Michigan vs. Cincinnati Game begins at 7:00 PM ET

Oregon vs. Houston Game begins at 7:00 PM ET

William & Mary vs. Marshall Game begins at 7:00 PM ET

Bacone vs. Sam Houston St. Game begins at 7:00 PM ET

S. Illinois vs. SE Missouri Game begins at 7:00 PM ET

W. Illinois vs. Toledo Game begins at 7:00 PM ET

Morgan St. vs. Towson Game begins at 7:00 PM ET

Vanderbilt vs. Wake Forest Game begins at 7:00 PM ET

Mars Hill vs. W. Carolina Game begins at 7:00 PM ET

Buffalo vs. Connecticut Game begins at 7:30 PM ET

UCF vs. South Carolina Game begins at 7:30 PM ET

Cent. Arkansas vs. Tenn.-Martin Game begins at 7:30 PM ET

WVU Tech vs. W. Kentucky Game begins at 7:30 PM ET

Slippery Rock vs. Youngstown St. Game begins at 7:30 PM ET

Jacksonville 0 vs. SE Louisiana 0 postponed

E. Illinois vs. Indiana St. Game begins at 8:00 PM ET

Furman vs. Jacksonville St. Game begins at 8:00 PM ET

Ark.-Monticello vs. N. Dakota St. Game begins at 8:00 PM ET

Northwestern St. vs. Louisiana-Monroe Game begins at 8:00 PM ET

Drake vs. N. Iowa Game begins at 8:00 PM ET

Edward Waters vs. Samford Game begins at 8:00 PM ET

Henderson St. vs. Stephen F.Austin Game begins at 8:00 PM ET

S. Utah vs. Idaho St. Game begins at 8:30 PM ET

Adams St. vs. N. Arizona Game begins at 9:00 PM ET

Temple vs. Arizona St. Game begins at 10:00 PM ET

Idaho vs. Washington St. Game begins at 10:00 PM ET

Minnesota vs. Tulsa Game begins at 10:15 PM ET

Edited by NT80

I dont think that the people from the dome will be allowed over there.  Hopefully they have to stay within a perimeter of the astrodome.  I'm sorry it may sound bad but they should not be allowed to wander freely. Houston doesnt need another 23,000 homeless people roaming the streets.

I heard an interview from one of the people they had moved to the Astrodome, they gave her a list of the red cross shelters and a map, and then told to go on. It look like at least that bus load wasn't actually housed at the dome.

huh.gif

I dont think that the people from the dome will be allowed over there.  Hopefully they have to stay within a perimeter of the astrodome.  I'm sorry it may sound bad but they should not be allowed to wander freely. Houston doesnt need another 23,000 homeless people roaming the streets.

They are giving people with Alabam, Mississippi, and Louisiana drivers liscenses free admission to the UH game tonight. They are also doing this on a first come first serve basis for the astros and texans games.

I was going to go to the UH game tonight (dads a UH alumn here), but Im going to pass now. Logistically, with all the traffic, people, etc, seems like more trouble than its worth.

And I have to agree with you H-towngreen, that is a fear of mine... houston has come a long way with their down town... this could create a set back if our local government doesnt plan this out well! Anyone that saw the news and saw the way some of the people that have been bussed over are acting knows what I mean. I understand the frustration, but the aid hasnt been recieved as graciously as one may expect... more of a "right" and that they are demanding people do more.

Im going to help out in every way I can. Its is however disheartening to see the ungrateful of the victims flashed on the news (of course this, like many things in the media could be a result of "spin"). Houstonians are doing alot to try to help out. Its really been cool to see the way the city has opened their arms. Im just wary of what happens next!

Edited by Eagle1855