A word about Jonathon Ieans

FirefightnRick

user posted image

I know JI has taken a lot of criticism this last year from us, and I know the coaches have been very hard on him as well, especially this fall. But lets give the kid some credit, he's not a quitter and keeps on fighting for a spot.

It's not easy being out there twice a day getting hammered on for several hours a day knowing your a place or two down on the depth chart, especially in this north central Texas heat. And even though Jonathon has struggled learning the QB position at this level to me he embodies the spirit of the Mean Green. The one day I watched practice last week after one play Coach Flanagin was on him pretty good, yet he came right back and responded with a better play the next time.

Our team is full of guys who are in a learning curve right now but they all have learned how that for all of their hard work the rewards pay off for the team and the school. For this I'm very proud of Jonathon for hanging in their and keeping up the fight, for the Mean Green. Eventually he wll get his chance, he has too much raw talent not to.

Rick