2006 Recruits

adman

Any chance we bag the Renfro kid from Southlake Carroll considering his family has a history with NT? He's a senior this year. Does anyone know if he's verbally committed to anyone. The kid that plays opposite of him (Jacobsen?) has orally committed to BYU. Do we know if he has shown some interest in NT? do we think that interest will effect DD decision at QB this year. (Playing Phillips over Meager so that by the time Renfro gets here we have someone who can hit him deep with regularity.)

Thoughts?

Any chance we bag the Renfro kid from Southlake Carroll considering his family has a history with NT?  He's a senior this year.  Does anyone know if he's verbally committed to anyone.  The kid that plays opposite of him (Jacobsen?) has orally committed to BYU.  Do we know if he has shown some interest in NT?  do we think that interest will effect DD decision at QB this year. (Playing Phillips over Meager so that by the time Renfro gets here we have someone who can hit him deep with regularity.) 

Thoughts?

He's too high profile so we won't recruit him. I've heard from several people that we don't like to go hard after big name players for fear of the dissappointment.

By the way what happened to the recruiting part of the MGR? It was intresting to see what type of players were intrested in un and vice versa. Man I would love to see one, just one early commitment to UNT. Somebody that all us faithful can follow throughout the year and keep track of their progress.

Any chance we bag the Renfro kid from Southlake Carroll considering his family has a history with NT?  He's a senior this year.  Does anyone know if he's verbally committed to anyone.  The kid that plays opposite of him (Jacobsen?) has orally committed to BYU.  Do we know if he has shown some interest in NT?   do we think that interest will effect DD decision at QB this year. (Playing Phillips over Meager so that by the time Renfro gets here we have someone who can hit him deep with regularity.) 

Thoughts?

Of course his dad (Mike) attended TCU.

PS: Sorry, UNTLifer, I didn't see you had already posted the same thing. Just saw adman's post and responded w/o looking at the rest of the thread. rolleyes.gif

BUT....Mike Renfro went to TCU when they were perrenial losers in the SWC, so you never know. He and his family were at a Homecoming NT Hall of Fame breakfast a few years ago when his dad, former NT great Ray Renfro, was recognized posthumously; and I'll say upon personal observation, the Renfro family from Southlake sure seemed to be enjoying themselves in the Silver Eagle Suite. I had the priviledge of meeting Mike and we talked Houston Oiler football for a few moments.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

By the way what happened to the recruiting part of the MGR? It was intresting to see what type of players were intrested in un and vice versa. Man I would love to see one, just one early commitment to UNT. Somebody that all us faithful can follow throughout the year and keep track of their progress.

Just follow Electra, Henrietta, or any of the other outlying cities around Wichita Falls. We always seems to pick up at elast one from those parts.

Living in Austin, I am privy to recruiting here. UT has 22 oral commitments for 06.

You would think that would sway a person from coming here and sit on the bench for 2 years. They carry 105 players so they should be at their quota. I guess the other 9 Div 1 football teams in Texas get the rest of the recruits. Oh no they go by conf. This is why we need a better conf.