Saturday's Scrimage...

Nt4Life!

but I think it was DD words of encouragement when the Offense was down on the Goal line trying to go into the endzone...for those of you who were there you are laughing for those of you who weren't it was an impressive display of words and how to make a point!!!

I was sitting up at the top row under the pressbox then when DD went off on them; it was very clear what he was saying all the way up there...ohmy.gif They did seem to play better after that! dry.gif

I agree Kellen Haynes is probably #3, did well with the 2's. My first time to see both Meager and Phillips. Both did well at times and both messed up too. Phillips is bigger physically and Meager seems more mature having been in the system for a year. Both will get better with more reps and do alright in our run based system. No clear starter yet.

Was that Branch #34 on offense that scored 65 yards on some nifty moves after a catch? He looked like the Branch of old, a nice weapon if needed.

Tidbits: About 200 fans at the scrimmage. The field at Fouts is complete and they should start applying the rubber pellets today. They will take a while to settle completely but the field will be ready for use after the pellets are in, in fact it's better to use it to compress the pellets. The track around the field will be re-painted, the MGC deck will be re-done including a lower level, the stands will be power-washed and new banners hung from the base of the endzone stands. The USAToday edition featuring NT was delivered to 6-8 million hotel doors on Monday morning!

Byerly will end up being what could have been...I would not even expect him back, next year. I could be wrong, but if having been named the starter wont make you take care of your business in the class room, I can just imagine what having nothing to study for will do for him. Other-side of coin...maybe this makes him understand that things will not be handed to him, and becomes a better student because of this and comes back and makes a difference on the field next year, that would be great......just as long as its not at QB---that oppt is gone.

I am thinking th e#3 spot will probably go to Kellen Haynes.  He got the first look today with the 2nd offense.

Yeah, I think the coaches have Haynes at #3.

Ieans is still a developmental guy. He's got bucketloads of raw talent, but pretty soon he's gonna have to turn it on. He may be another Ja'Mel Branch.

As far as alternating QBs, I think we'll see it in LSU and some other non-conference games.

We play all our conference games close to the hilt, though, so unless we demolish somebody, I dont see it happening there.

Edited by Monkeypox